May 2021 Virtual Shows (was Something unforeseen to lighten up the dark times...)

Fugazi

nw2.thumb.jpeg.93e6833f7f1dec0e206d08620d8c03db.jpeg

NIGHTWISH TO START ”HUMAN. :II: NATURE.” WORLD TOUR IN VIRTUAL REALITY

‍

‍The band offers fans a unique experience by inviting them to a shared adventure at The Islanders Arms, a tavern built in virtual reality.

Nightwish – one of the world’s leading symphonic metal bands and Finland’s most successful music export – sets the stage for an exquisite interactive experience in March 2021.
In ”An Evening with Nightwish in a Virtual World”, the band will perform at The Islanders Arms, a tavern built in virtual reality.
The event takes place on two nights, Friday and Saturday, March 12-13th, 2021.

On both evenings, the audience can expect an unforgettable 90-minute performance, and will get to hear songs from the latest album ”Human. :II: Nature.” live for the first time.
The setlist has variation for each night.

Released in April amidst the Covid-19 pandemic, ”Human. :II: Nature.” has not been performed live yet.
Having had to postpone their world tour in 2020, Nightwish decided to create something unforeseen to lighten up the dark times. 

A full-length live experience that reaches magical dimensions will be set in virtual reality – The Islander Inn tavern.
During the evening, both the band and the audience can dive into diverse imaginary 3D worlds.
The technical production is led by Zoan, whose Burst Live platform also powered Finnish rap superstars JVG’s May 1st virtual reality show that attracted more than a million viewers last spring.

For an interactive virtual show experience, members of the audience can create avatars and join the show on their computers or mobile devices.
The audience can react by gestures, cheers or emojis, and chat with other fans. One can also dress up their avatar with Nightwish merchandise. 

Nightwish is Finland’s most successful band globally, touring prominent arenas around the world and having sold over 10 million albums worldwide.
The band’s most recent album ”Human. :||: Nature.” is their ninth studio album.

Experience the live shows at www.burst.fi

Recording can be watched for 48 hours after the show

This "virtual experience" sounds very gimmicky, but as long as it doesn't distract too much from the music, I'm in!

The FAQ mentions that the two events may have different set lists, and the ticket price is valid for both shows.

Shows:
- Fri, March 12th, 2021, Europe: 8pm CET / 7pm GMT, duration approx. 90min
- Sat, March 13th, 2021, North and South America: 8pm ET (UTC-5) / 5pm PT (UTC -8) / 10pm BRT (UTC-3) / 7pm CST (UTC -6), duration approx. 90min

TICKETS:
Two evening ticket
- starting from 25 € (+ order fee 1 €)
- includes right to watch both shows
- recording can be watched for 48 hours after the show
- campaign is valid from December 17th 2020 until January 31st 2021 at 22:59 CET

Two evening ticket + "An Evening with Nightwish in a Virtual World" T-shirt (EXCLUSIVE LIMITED EDITION) - EUROPE ONLY
- starting from 45 € (+ order fee 1 €)
- includes right to watch both shows
- recording can be watched for 48 hours after the show
- sizes S-XXL. Unisex.
- limited edition
- shipping to Europe only
- ticket buyers’ contact infos will be handed to the organizer (Fullsteam Agency) and to Backstage Rock Shop for the shipment of the t-shirts

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

image.png.f885b2b883db6a6067f726f3c03f4f4d.png

Well this isn't unexpected... virtual shows postponed. May 28-29 are the new dates.

Bass player (for the tour?) will only be revealed on May 28 during a VIP session that can be attended for a fee. This can be bought as an add-on for those who already own show tickets. There's a limited number of VIP tickets though.

Also, ticket prices will increase after February 14. And 1-day tickets will also be made available soon.

Here's the whole press release.

AN EVENING WITH NIGHTWISH IN A VIRTUAL WORLD RESCHEDULED FOR MAY
New VIP packages and 1 day tickets on sale soon

The interactive ”An Evening with Nightwish In a Virtual World” concert experiences that will kick off the ”Human. :II: Nature.” World Tour have been rescheduled from March to May due to changes in the band’s touring schedule. The new dates are Friday, May 28 and Saturday, May 29, 2021.

Tickets purchased for the original dates are automatically valid for the new dates, or can be returned by March 12, 2021. More details further below.

2 day tickets will be on sale for the current price until February 14, 2021, 22:59 CET. After this the price will go up.

VIP packages will go on sale at the same time. The VIP package includes a virtual session with the yet unrevealed bass player of Nightwish’s ”Human. :II: Nature.” tour, among other perks. The identity of the bass player will be revealed on the live virtual session included in the VIP package on Friday, May 28, 2021.

EVENT INFO:
Nightwish will perform in a tavern called ”The Islanders Arms” built in a virtual world for two nights in May. On both nights, the fans will experience an unforgettable 1.5-hour performance, hearing songs live off the latest album, ”Human. :II: Nature.” for the first time ever. These two nights will have their own, slightly different setlists.

- Fri, May 28, 2021, Europe: 8pm CET / 7pm GMT, duration approx. 90min
- Sat, May 29, 2021, North and South America: 8pm ET (UTC-5) / 5pm PT (UTC -8) / 10pm BRT (UTC-3) / 7pm CST (UTC -6), duration approx. 90min

Virtual VIP sessions with the bass player will be held on both dates before the show (schedule to be confirmed later).

The live events to be experienced at: www.burst.fi
A recording of the concert will be available for 48 hours after the event for all the ticket holders.

More details and tickets at: www.nightwish.com.

TICKETS PURCHASED FOR THE ORIGINAL MARCH DATES:
Tickets purchased for the original March dates are automatically valid for the new May dates and do not need to be exchanged.

If you have purchased a two evening ticket and would like to upgrade to a VIP package:
Choose the addition option VIP Europe upgrade or VIP World upgrade on www.nightwish.com. Customers in Europe can choose either one of the options. VIP packages will go on sale February 15, 2021. Limited quantity.

If you have purchased a two evening ticket + t-shirt bundle and would like to upgrade to a VIP package:
The t-shirt sold with the VIP package is different from the one in the prior ticket + t-shirt bundle (additional print on the back). It is not possible to cancel or exchange a previously purchased t-shirt for the shirt sold with the VIP Europe package. You can complement your order by choosing the addition option VIP Europe upgrade (in addition to a two evening ticket and a virtual session, you will receive 2 different shirts and a VIP pass) or VIP World upgrade (you will receive a two evening ticket and a virtual session, but not the VIP shirt or a VIP pass) on www.nightwish.com. Customers living in Europe can purchase either one of the options. VIP packages on sale February 15, 2021. Limited quantity.

The t-shirts and VIP passes will be mailed during the spring.

TICKETS AND PRICES:
The sooner you purchase your ticket for the Nightwish: ”An Evening With Nightwish In a Virtual World” event, the lower the price. Tickets on sale at: www.nightwish.com.

TICKETS UNTIL FEB 14, 2021 22:59 CET
- Two evening ticket from 25 EUR (+ order fee 1 €)
- Two evening ticket + "An Evening with Nightwish in a Virtual World" -t-shirt from 45 EUR (+ order fee 1 €)

TICKETS FEB 15,2021 – APR 30, 2021
- One evening ticket (Fri or Sat) from 25 EUR (+ order fee 1 €)
- Two evening ticket from 35 EUR (+ order fee 1 €)
- VIP Europe 99 EUR (+ order fee 1 €) / for Two evening ticket holders from 69 EUR (+ order fee 1 €) incl. Two evening ticket, t-shirt, VIP pass, virtual session with the bass player of the Human. :II: Nature. Tour before the shows. For customers living in Europe only. Limited quantity.
- VIP World 69 EUR (+ order fee 1 €) / for Two evening ticket holders from 39 EUR (+ order fee 1 €) incl. Two evening ticket, virtual session with the bass player of the Human. :II: Nature. Tour before the shows. For customers anywhere in the world.

TICKETS FROM MAY 1, 2021
- One evening ticket (Fri or Sat) from 35 EUR (+ order fee 1 €)
- Two evening ticket from 45 EUR (+ order fee 1 €)
- VIP Europe 109 EUR (+ order fee 1 €) / for Two evening ticket holders from 79 EUR (+ order fee 1 €) incl. Two evening ticket, t-shirt, VIP pass, virtual session with the bass player of the Human. :II: Nature. Tour before the shows. For customers living in Europe only. Limited quantity.
- VIP World 79 EUR (+ order fee 1 €) / for ticket holders from 49 EUR (+ order fee 1 €) incl. Two evening ticket, virtual session with the bass player of the Human. :II: Nature. Tour before the shows. For customers anywhere in the world.

TICKET REFUNDS:
If you have already purchased tickets for the Nightwish: ”An Evening With Nightwish In a Virtual World” event before the announcement of the new dates February 4, 2021, you are entitled to return your tickets by March 12, 2021 22:59 CET. Only tickets can be refunded, t-shirts are not refundable. Tickets can be returned by filling out the form at: https://web.lippu.fi/palautus/.

Please note that ticket service is congested and processing of returns may take several weeks. Ticket returns can only be made by the original ticket purchaser. The ticketing office charges a service fee of € 4.50 per ticket. Order fees are non-refundable.

• 2 weeks later...

On his Facebook, Kai explains the postponing of the streaming shows:

Virtual show changed to May as our tour got postponed and Troy can’t fly from Uk to the original dates with the new Uk policy for travelling.

It would seem like they consider the live stream sort of a warm-up gig like the Oulu show was supposed to be. Meaning that if the summer festival shows are postponed, chances are the streaming shows will move too?

The VIP tickets for pre-show virtual meeting with the band and new bassist will be on sale later today. Being more expensive than the show itself I'm not sure they're such a good deal, but I guess value is in the eye of the beholder. And at this point one can't blame the band or the management to try and make up for the lost revenue over the last year.

• 2 months later...

Kai is preparing...

2 months ago i received a message that my chromeparts in my kit might create some problems with the greenscreen for the upcoming virtualshows. So, we started to fix this problem with mr Frank Jacobs from Pearl Europe. They were kind for helping us and without Frank this wouldn’t have been possible. So, i have changed all my chromeparts to black. 158 lugs and 396 screws off and same amount back in black hardware. 3 days work and next i take my hardware rack and change that. This is what we do to make sure our fans get the best possible end result visually for the virtual shows. Thanks Frank and Pearl! ❤️

https://www.facebook.com/kai.hahto.96/posts/10222332819021968

• Like 1

Can't wait for the show myself, it's been almost 3 years since the last NW live performance!

But I'm a bit nervous about the new bassist... IMO they should have plainly introduced him (her?) beforehand, so that we can get used to the idea. I'm not sure that keeping the secret is such a great plan, as it shifts the focus away from the songs and the performance to this new band member...

Oh well, it will feel weird without Marko.

• Like 1

Kai has published on his FB a great photo of the band rehearsing in front of green screens... and we can plainly see that Floor has taken up bass duties! 😆

Interesting to note that Tuomas is now center stage... if we can consider it a stage.

Now speculation abounds as to the actual owner of that Fender bass...

189793394_10222400161265482_7124438498380738301_n.jpg.451affcc06f42df031dfc10cf4ab6966.jpg

• Like 1

On 5/22/2021 at 4:15 AM, Fugazi said:

Floor is back in Finland for rehearsals, so it looks like things are shaping up.

The show link is this one:

https://www.burst.fi/nightwish/

It's also the place to go to validate tickets in the 24 hours leading up to the show.

Clicked the link on my ticked but the registration is not yet open for me.  Wednesday evening at the moment of writing. Getting curious 😁

🤘

On 5/26/2021 at 8:54 PM, mabla said:

Clicked the link on my ticked but the registration is not yet open for me.  Wednesday evening at the moment of writing. Getting curious 😁

🤘

Registered 😁

Can't wait ... 

🤘

• Like 1

1 hour ago, J. Gunter Brett said:

I can't get past the registration screen.  Can anyone tell me how to get to the interactive area?

There should be a chat available later on but there's no interactive area for now. Did you manage to log in and validate your tickets?

9 minutes ago, whitenoise said:

Does anybody here have a VIP ticket?

Yes I do. Not sure if the expense will be worth it, but I guess I can afford to support the band and I'd rather find out who the bassist is before the show! Here in North America we don't get any goodies (t-shirts) with the VIP option.

Which reminds me... I will set up a dedicated topic here for spoilers from the interview, if people would rather not be spoiled before the show.