Jukka Koskinen (Wintersun) is the new session bassist!

Fugazi

"Jukka Koskinen will be our session bass player and join us for our Human. :||: Nature. world tour! Finally we can share the awaited news with you all! "

Jukka: ”I couldn’t be more honoured to be part of the vehicle of spirit of Nightwish on its onward journey sharing special live moments to come on the Human. :II: Nature. - tour with all of you out there!”

Jukka says there were no scheduled events with Wintersun in the near future and that he's fully committed to NW for the next few years.

Jukka Koskinen on Wiki

Jukka Koskinen on Facebook, Instagram

E2fP7RHWQAIAfgN.jpg

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 8 months later...

It's been one year already! Jukka #2 has now 17 shows under his belt, plus two virtual shows. How do you feel about his presence in the band this far? I think he's doing a good job, he's a competent player and seems to be enjoying himself despite not being very demonstrative. So far he doesn't seem to have brought anything new to the band, in the way Marko, Anette, Floor and even Kai have when they joined, but it's still early and if he's got anything to contribute it will show on the next album. Just like Kai was looking to replicate Jukka's drum playing on the old songs, but played more in his own style on Human Nature, I expect Jukka Koskinen to spice up the new album with perhaps different bass sounds or even some vocals? That would be welcome as far as I'm concerned. I'm assuming that he will be back for the album, and honestly I don't see why he wouldn't, but there hasn't been an official announcement yet.

• Metal 1

9 hours ago, Fugazi said:

How do you feel about his presence in the band this far? I think he's doing a good job, he's a competent player and seems to be enjoying himself despite not being very demonstrative.

I feel the same way a few fans from the line at the show I went to had said which was that they're definitely starting to see him being introduced as the new bass player for Nightwish. He was really great at the show, and I hope he will be announced as the new bass player when the tour is finished.

• Metal 1