Virtual Live Show From The Islanders Arms 2021 (2022)

Fugazi

Rate "The Islander Arms"  

2 members have voted

1. 1. How would you rate this album?

• 10 (virtually perfect)
    • 1 (where's Shoemaker?)

Virtual Live Show From The Islanders Arms 2021 (2022)

inslandersarms.thumb.jpg.9d5e79410ca84d8a69ab820d7ba0f3e4.jpg

Initially streamed on May 29, 2021 as a prelude to the Human :||: Nature World Tour (2021-23). The related May 28, 2021 virtual show, with a slightly different set list, is exclusively available on the streaming platform STACCS.

Released on March 11, 2022. Also released on Blu-ray on November 18, 2022 as an extra disc on the Human :||Nature Tour Edition.

Track list (with relevant threads when available)

Live performance (DVD)

1. Intro
  2. Noise  🎞️ (video)
  3. Planet Hell
  4. Alpenglow
  5. Élan
  6. Storytime
  7. How's The Heart?
  8. Harvest
  9. Dark Chest Of Wonders
  10. I Want My Tears Back
  11. Ever Dream
  12. Nemo
  13. Sleeping Sun
  14. Pan
  15. Last Ride Of The Day   🎞️ (video)
  16. Ghost Love Score
  17. The Greatest  Show On Earth
  18. All the Works of Nature Which Adorn the World: VIII. Ad Astra

From the band:

When Nightwish’s world tour was canceled due to the pandemic, the band wanted to offer fans something unprecedented. Half a year in preparation they put together an exceptionally ambitious production, the like of which had not been seen before. Fans were able to follow the band playing live in the astonishing 3D world, designed according to the band’s vision, while interacting with each other. Also, songs from Nightwish’s latest album ‘Human. : II: Nature.’ were played live for the first time.

“This is definitely one of the coolest things Nightwish has ever done. Entwining visual elements, technology and music in such an extraordinary way offers an unique experience to us all”,  the band states.

‘An Evening with Nightwish in a Virtual World’ concert streamed last year across 108 countries to over 150,000 viewers. The much awaited show, set in a 3D world, will be finally available in dvd format. Order yours now!

(from https://www.backstagerockshop.com/products/nightwish-virtual-live-show-from-the-islanders-arms-2021-dvd)

• Metal 1

• 1 month later...

So without too much fanfare the live DVD has been released.

Kai posted this in a reply to a request for a Blu-Ray of the Islanders Arms DVD:

can’t do that. The production was some reason captured with the quality that would make blu-ray look like shit. Dvd was the only option to put out.

• Metal 1

I watched both nights as streamed live. I received my DVD bundle today. Ordered it mainly to support the band and crew. Nice mouse pad and booklet.

On 3/11/2022 at 9:06 AM, Fugazi said:

So without too much fanfare the live DVD has been released.

Kai posted this in a reply to a request for a Blu-Ray of the Islanders Arms DVD:

Again, thanks for the FB info from Kai!

• Metal 1

Just got mine, indeed the booklet is very nice! Heavy glossy paper stock, 24 pages, great making-of pictures... 👍

One thing I noticed though is that there are barely any pictures of Emppu. 🤔

And the booklet text sounds like sales material for the virtual concerts company. It's titled "Another successful virtual concert promotion for Fullsteam and Zoan". 🙄😁

I can't comment on the remastering because I haven't watched it in full yet, but the DVD image quality is lesser than the original stream -- unless there's a problem with my DVD player?

Left: streaming capture, right: DVD capture (click to enlarge).

spacer.png

• Metal 1

On 3/19/2022 at 5:15 PM, Fugazi said:

Just got mine, indeed the booklet is very nice! Heavy glossy paper stock, 24 pages, great making-of pictures... 👍

One thing I noticed though is that there are barely any pictures of Emppu. 🤔

And the booklet text sounds like sales material for the virtual concerts company. It's titled "Another successful virtual concert promotion for Fullsteam and Zoan". 🙄😁

I can't comment on the remastering because I haven't watched it in full yet, but the DVD image quality is lesser than the original stream -- unless there's a problem with my DVD player?

Left: streaming capture, right: DVD capture (click to enlarge).

spacer.png

What I immediately did was rip the files from the DVD and it seemed to be better than watching the DVD if that makes sense. 

• 6 months later...

Backstage Rock Shop just announced a new release - Human Nature Tour Edition, which basically appears to be the HN album + the Virtual Live Show From The Islanders Arms 2021 (the same May 29, 2021 performance already released on DVD, but this time it's on Blu-ray). 👀

https://www.backstagerockshop.com/collections/nightwish/products/nightwish-human-nature-ltd-tour-edition-digipak-2cd-blu-ray

https://www.nightwish.com/news/nightwish-announce-human-ii-nature-tour-edition

In the past two years, Symphonic metal super stars NIGHTWISH have been affected by the cancellations and restrictions just like many other artists out there, and could not present their highly successful Human. :II: Nature. album (No. 1 in Finland and Germany) with live shows all across the globe yet. Now, this is about to change with a full European tour taking place in November and December 2022.

As a special, limited release right on time with tour start, on November 18th, NIGHTWISH present the Human. :II: Nature. (Tour Edition) as luxurious 2CD plus Blu-ray Digipak including the recent album alongside the Virtual Live Show From The Islanders Arms 2021 on Blu-ray - region code free for the first time - to cater their gigantic global audience! Originally available just as DVD release, and on Blu-ray in Japan, this new edition is the ultimate version to re-experience this unique and magical show NIGHTWISH created after their world tour had to be cancelled.

Release date: November 18th 2022

520750131_HNtouredition.thumb.jpg.754526db08442f399c1ef59ce4a1e337.jpg

This is a bit of a disappointment, as it's a release that has no new content at all. Perhaps the quality of the Blu-ray will be better than that of the DVD, but I wouldn't bet on it. As mentioned above, Kai did say that "The production was some reason captured with the quality that would make blu-ray look like shit. Dvd was the only option to put out. "

Also, I wish they had released the other performance instead, the May 28, 2021 virtual show that is currently only available on a streaming platform. In my opinion for fans already owning the independently-released virtual show DVD, there's really not a lot of incentive to buy this Tour Edition unless the Blu-ray has better image quality.

• Metal 1

• 1 month later...