Floor Jansen

Floor will have a live chat tomorrow on YouTube, and she teased an announcement about a new fan club, presumably a Patreon just like Epica launched yesterday. Other news might include something about her upcoming solo album (single coming soon?) or her involvement with the German show which name I just can't remember right now. 😁

Exciting news coming up! 🔥 Tomorrow 19:30 CET I will be streaming live!! Everyone is welcome so I hope to see you there! 🤩

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gdzPH1Hk7e0

• Metal 1

Ok by now you must be aware that FloorWorld is a thing: Floor's new fan club.

fw.thumb.png.ced5f97caa4cc81b7635111d2431396a.png

From the live chat (link here), here's what I understand:

• It's not a Patreon but a different platform, mixing both YouTube and chat features. No Android mobile app yet.
  • Both free and paying membership levels.
  • YouTube membership will be downscaled, only the basic level will remain.

First impressions, the platform looks a bit like Facebook, with sections and threads and posts. It will take some getting used to, it's already a bit of a mess of posts and I can't really imagine Floor being able to interact with members in a more personal way than on YouTube but let's see where this goes. 😁

Then there's a members-only area (the paying tier), which is where the exclusive stuff will hide. Levelling up includes the following perks:

• Tree planted for #TeamTrees for every year of your subscription
  • Access to quarterly live streams with Floor
  • Exclusive videos and photos from her tour
  • Tour Diaries in the form of text/photos/videos
  • Extra audio files (Karaoke, Instrumentals)
  • High Quality download of Live in Amsterdam (when available)
  • A member only area to post and connect with fellow members
  • Your (user)name will be in the credits of Storytime videos
  • Be the first to access new merch

This is somewhat similar to the Floorfunders level on YouTube, which will no longer exist. The only real draw of paying for that higher YouTube subscription level were the live chats, because the exclusive videos and posts were not really noteworthy. Let's hope that Floor provides meatier content for the FloorWorld paying members. It does feels awkward though to have to pay for a HQ download of the live AFAS recording that was paid for by fans on another platform. 😮

In other news, the solo album work is moving along, and the first song will be released on March 25. It neither metal or rock, but a pop song. 😬 Let's hope for the best.

• Metal 1

1 hour ago, Fugazi said:

Great performances again! The only one missing would be The Phantom with Nightwish... Hoping for Henk to join them in Amsterdam whenever that takes place!

The AFAS recording of Dangerous Game is now available too:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gfMAd-kQWpM

I send the YT links to my sister who lives in South Carolina. She gets so confused on which concert is which because the same songs by the same 2 people. 😂😂  So now I have to put an explainer with each text message. 

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Spartanguy83 said:

I send the YT links to my sister who lives in South Carolina. She gets so confused on which concert is which because the same songs by the same 2 people. 😂😂  So now I have to put an explainer with each text message. 

It is confusing! Beste Zangers, AFAS, Henk's show... Floor really made the best out of this collaboration with Henk. Makes one wonder if he will be invited to sing on her album, given the pop tangent.

• Metal 1

41 minutes ago, Fugazi said:

It is confusing! Beste Zangers, AFAS, Henk's show... Floor really made the best out of this collaboration with Henk. Makes one wonder if he will be invited to sing on her album, given the pop tangent.

That's a great question.  They appear to honestly enjoy working together. Has to be a kick for Henk to be loved by a new audience. I agree that it will be great if Henk joins them on stage. There will be a few chances later this year. Would they use the musical arrangement from Beste Zangers? 

2 hours ago, Spartanguy83 said:

That's a great question.  They appear to honestly enjoy working together. Has to be a kick for Henk to be loved by a new audience. I agree that it will be great if Henk joins them on stage. There will be a few chances later this year. Would they use the musical arrangement from Beste Zangers? 

They need to go heavier, like in "We have the amps so maybe we will overcome..." 🤘

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7bILIaWKZY

• Metal 1

On 1/29/2022 at 4:31 PM, Fugazi said:

Time to Face Your Demons! 😈

It's a great performance by Floor, and the band adapted well to a more metal sound.

YES ... After Forever memories . In the "den Haag solo show" the band put on some devil horns 🤘 Took some time before Floor mentioned that.   I was there and it was funny. Great memory. And I love the "growl" part in this song 🤗

Floor Jansen - Face Your Demons (PAARD, Den Haag) Eng. Subs - YouTube

Edited by mabla
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, mabla said:

YES ... After Forever memories . In the "den Haag solo show" the band put on some devil horns 🤘 Took some time before Floor mentioned that.   I was there and it was funny. Great memory. And I love the "growl" part in this song 🤗

Floor Jansen - Face Your Demons (PAARD, Den Haag) Eng. Subs - YouTube

Haha nice! 😈 She seemed way more relaxed during that 2020 show... But then there was no camera crew recording the whole show for posterity! 😁

Also she was dressed more like she would dress for a Nightwish show.

• Metal 1

Update from Floor:

Live in Amsterdam on Streaming Platforms

Hi everyone!

Exciting news! Even though the video version is still being edited and prepared, we've decided to upload the full show in its entirety on all streaming platforms worldwide (audio only). Live in Amsterdam is going to be released on February 11! 

As videos are being released and now the audio version becoming available soon, this project is finally coming closer to its end. Once again, I want to thank you all for your support and involvement regarding this. Without you it wouldn't have been possible.

But what's coming next? Soon we'll reveal the cover artwork, and as soon as the video is finished, we'll make a 4K Download of this show available for you to get as well as audio files. 

In the meantime, I am sure all of you are aware that I am releasing my first ever solo song on March 25 and that my fanclub, FloorWorld launched. I hope you are going to be there with me, as well! I hope so at least!

Have a great week!

de groeten, vänliga hälsningar, lämpimin terveisin and all the best,
Floor

Heads-up to all Dutch members, Floor is the Dutch ambassador of Record Store Day this year on April 23rd. 😮 

Takeaway from the press release:

• Floor's first solo single to be given away to a limited number of customers as a special promotional disc in the Netherlands on April 23, 2022. Go get' em!
  • Solo album release is planned for Spring 2023.

Persfoto-Floor-Jansen-square-640x640.png.webp

https://recordstoreday.nl/actueel/floor-jansen-nederlandse-ambassadeur-van-record-store-day-2022/

Floor Jansen is the Dutch ambassador of Record Store Day 2022

Floor Jansen is this year's Dutch ambassador for Record Store Day. A 7 inch single will be released especially for this occasion, which will be available for free and exclusively for the first 5,000 buyers during this day. Record Store Day is celebrated on Saturday 23 April and takes place in more than a hundred independent record stores in the Netherlands.

As a Nightwish singer, Floor Jansen is a prominent figure in the international rock and metal scene, a world in which physical media – LPs, CDs, DVDs and box sets – have always remained very important. The singer herself has also regularly indicated that it is very important that the albums in which she is involved are released in this 'tangible' form. Floor is now working on a solo album, the first single of which will be released physically during Record Store Day.

Floor about the ambassadorship: “I am very proud to be an ambassador for Record Store Day Netherlands. The record store is the place where you as a music lover can talk about music with other music lovers. The comeback of vinyl proves once again that for many people physical product is very important and we would like to keep it that way, especially as musicians!”

Free 7 inch single

Floor Jansen's first solo single (title TBA) is on the gold-coloured 7 inch single that was pressed especially for Record Store Day. The first 5,000 customers who make a purchase in one of the participating record stores on Saturday 23 April will receive it home for free. The song can be listened to on all streaming platforms from March 25. Side B features the live version of The Phantom of the Opera, the famous duet with Henk Poort, recorded on September 3, 2021 at the AFAS Live in Amsterdam.

About Floor Jansen

Floor Jansen is the front singer of the Finnish symphonic metal band Nightwish. She studied at the Rock Academy in Tilburg, with classmates Jacqueline Govaert and Danny Vera, among others. Before graduating, she became the lead singer of the Dutch metal band After Forever. After that she played with her own band ReVamp for a few more years. With her participation in the television program Beste Zangers in 2019, she gained name recognition among an even wider audience. The duet by Floor Jansen and Henk Poort from the musical The Phantom of the Opera has now been viewed more than 17 million times on YouTube. At the beginning of 2020, Floor received the Popprijs 2019. Floor will perform at Pinkpop and in the Ziggo Dome this year, as part of Nightwish's world tour. Her solo album is planned for the spring of 2023.

About Record Store Day

Record Store Day originated fifteen years ago in the United States. Today, this international record store day takes place in more than 2,000 independent record stores in America, Europe, Australia and Japan. In the Netherlands, the event will be celebrated on Saturday 23 April for the thirteenth time this year. Artists such as Blaudzun, Kensington, Eefje de Visser, De Staat and Spinvis preceded Floor Jansen as Dutch Record Store Day ambassador.

• Metal 1

For the record: a project Floor took part in back in 2014 along with many other known Dutch metal artists...

Countermove: The Power of Love

Posted on November 26, 2014 by Metal-Exposure

https://metal-exposure.com/countermove-power-love/

The holiday season: celebrations, family and friends and those same old Christmas tunes on the radio. Mariah Carey, Band Aid, Wham.. need we say more? The Dutch project Countermove offers you an alternative. Many artists of the Dutch metal scene: musicians of Epica, Nightwish/ReVamp, Delain, Within Temptation, Stream of Passion, Xandria, Textures and many more, have collaborated on a track with the aim to raise money for a charity.

The project is linked to 3FM’s Serious Request 2014, a massive Dutch charity event that is organised every year by one of Netherland’s biggest radio stations. The raised funds will go to the Red Cross. From the 8th of December onwards, fans can donate and download the Power of Love (originally performed by Frankie Goes to Hollywood) and a video will be released for the song as well.

• Thanks 1

"Winner" live from Amsterdam is up!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-OVZvQrvik

This was one of the performances I loved on Beste Zangers, very uplifting song. The Amsterdam recording is maybe not quite as powerful, while the vocal performance is top notch again I feel there's something odd with the mix, perhaps the drums are too prominent in the mix but to me it doesn't sound just as good as the BZ version. Nevertheless, I'm glad that we get this new version.

Next week, we're likely going back to a Nightwish "cover"! 🤘

• Metal 1

The audio of the AFAS concert will soon (Feb 11) be made available on streaming platforms. It will mark the first use of Floor's new logo which will presumably replace this one fjlogo.png.12ffd71986d3793d5b9b88449a9114a9.png.

fjlive.jpeg.59969c1be0a531db3a4a48197faecf43.jpeg   fjicon.jpg.dc8a9a829d12e61ee23db9f953fe9b6c.jpg

By the way, I recently discovered that Floor's old logo is called a Valknut and that it's an ancient Germanic symbol. I think we once wondered in the chat what the logo meant to her, now given her Dutch-Finnish-Swedish roots I'm sure she found some meaning to this symbol.

• Thanks 1

On top of the show audio, the video for Slow, Love, Slow was also released this morning. It's really a good performance, and it reminds me of the Imaginareum tour when there was an acoustic mid-gig break with Slow, Love, Slow, The Islander and Nemo (if I remember correctly), and Jukka hitting his drum box. 🙂

• Fire 1

Next up in the AFAS setlist, Shallow.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=adPGSh5ktZo

Floor sings 'tell me something girl' twice again. At Beste Zangers it definitely sounded like a little goof, from her body language I thought she realized she just made a little mistake there. Now did she decide to stick with it or was the lyric alteration planned from the start? 🤔

• Metal 1

• 2 weeks later...