Eye Of Melian

Fugazi

13 minutes ago, Moondance said:

I might get some signed stuff or my name in the credits. Hopefully I am not too late for that.

Still plenty of time left, and there are signed (double) CDs available. There's always the pain of exchange and shipping fees though. 😔

15 minutes ago, Paul Botterell said:

I went for the vinyl and a cd on the day it started. Then went a bit nuts and got my daughter one of Johanna's knitted hats. 

She's 10, also called Joanna and has been telling her friends she's getting a hat made by a 'rock princess' as she calls her. ❤️

Well done! Joanna's knit-work really was the star of the show, all her items were spoken for (both times) in a couple of days if not hours! 😮

A fourth Eye Of Melian single has been released, "Everstrong". It's another satisfying piece of music, and Johanna's is totally in the groove again, but the big surprise (for me anyway) is that backing vocals are provided by Martijn himself! Did he ever sing with Delain? He's doing a great job! I love the layered vocals in the verse, there are at least two voice tracks for Johanna plus Martijn's voice. This is gearing up to be a solid album in the genre.

• Fire 1

• 1 month later...

eyeofmelian

https://www.instagram.com/p/CeBh4ImIpBE/

Ahead a new light dawns...

We have one more single for you guys before the album release! 🎉 This is a special one because it features the mesmerizing and ethereal vocals of our friend and special guest LEAH (@leahthemusic). 🧝‍♀️

We are delighted to announce that "Light" will be released on June 3rd!

☀️🌙

Remember, our debut album "Legends of Light" is coming soon!! It will be released on the Summer Solstice (June 21, 2022) and, if you haven't already, you can pre-order it from our webstore (link in bio). 😊

• 3 weeks later...

EoM have released a preview of their album about to be released (June 21st). This is our first taste of the rest of the songs (3-4-7-8-10). Adrift in Eternity sounds pretty epic!

TRACKLIST of this album preview video:

1. Doorway of Night
  2. Vita Nova
  3. The Homesong’s Call
  4. Under the Grey Sky
  5. The Bell
  6. Everstrong
  7. Wings of the Dawn
  8. Adrift in Eternity
  9. Light (featuring LEAH)
  10. Rainfall

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wM7OAR2sfyA

• 1 month later...

While I was away from home I got my copy of 'Legends Of Light', and it's a fine piece of work. I haven't listened to the extra CD yet (alternate takes and instrumental versions) but I think this is the most impressive and challenging of Johanna's records so far. The booklet is nicely done too, and it's weird to see a CD without any barcode/catalog number/company ID! 😁 It's a true indie endeavour!

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Eye Of Melian had a belated album release party stream on YouTube today, it can be found here if one wants to check them out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YNS9jm_7R9k

Some highlights:

• There are no plans for live performances right now
  • Martijn is about to start writing new material for an eventual future EoM release
  • There are no 'real' choirs or orchestra on the first album
  • Lots of talk about what their favourite book/colour/song/bands are...

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

From Instagram -- not sure if this is actually the 2nd CD of the album somehow repackaged?

https://www.instagram.com/p/CmZHdHVqQnF/?igshid=MDJmNzVkMjY%3D

'Legends of Light - Instrumental Versions' - COMING SOON!! 🎹

Hello everyone! We hope you are enjoying some winter/holiday coziness and cheer. 🎄☺️❄️ We have an exciting announcement... the elven ships are coming in to deliver 'Legends of Light - Instrumental Versions' to all of you just in time for Christmas! 🎁

The instrumental album will be released THIS FRIDAY (Dec 23rd) to all streaming platforms and will also be available for download on the Eye of Melian webshop and Bandcamp. We'll post all the links on Friday so keep an eye out!!

Update:

Indeed this is not new material. According to a promotional email:

"Some of you may have heard the instrumentals already if you purchased the physical CD.  These are included on CD II.  However, we know many people chose to stream online or purchase a digital download instead.  If that was you, then these will be brand new to you!  But whether you've heard the instrumental versions before or if today will be the first time, we hope you will hear lofty and subtle strains of new magic that were previously hidden beneath the ethereal vocals of the original album and be swept away into the starry expanse of Legends of Light all over again!"

• 1 year later...

The Eye Of Melian is not sleeping!

What do you guys think?? Should we keep rehearsing and do live shows in the future?

As you may have noticed we've been rather quiet on social media lately, but never fear! We've been busy with some very exciting things - album #2 and the very beginning dream-infused plans of a magnificent and magical “vita nova” for EoM of playing live!!

We were thrilled to enlist the musical talent of Timo Kurkela in much of our rehearsals!

Also, on a side note... these were our very first rehearsals ever so please forgive the "raw exploration" sound. After any "exploratory" notes we simply claimed we were playing the "jazz" version of the songs! We had a blast!!

https://www.facebook.com/eyeofmelian/videos/386393910920343/