Hi!

Mer

Hi everyone! My name is Mer, I’m 29yo and I live in Amsterdam. I discovered Nightwish when I was 10 or 11 years old, around 2004. I accidentally downloaded Bless the child and was mesmerized immediately. I’ve always been active in online NW communities and I’m glad I found this place! I love being part of the Nightwish community - I’ve always encountered sweet and gentle people here. My favorite album is Once (although Human Nature is a close second!) and my favorite songs are Ghost Love Score and Gethsemane. In my non-Nightwish life: I work at a university, I love to read (big Tolkien/fantasy fan) and going to concerts. Looking forward to getting to know you! 

• Metal 2

Hi Mer, welcome to the forums and thanks for the nice introduction! Always nice to hear from old-time fans who have stuck with the band through the (eventful) years! 😁 It's fun to think that Nightwish have moved closer to you in a way with Floor joining the band, I know she's not from Amsterdam but now the Netherlands have also become a special place for NW and NW fans. Did you attend one of the Ziggo Dome shows? You guys were treated to a very unique performance! 🔥

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Fugazi said:

Hi Mer, welcome to the forums and thanks for the nice introduction! Always nice to hear from old-time fans who have stuck with the band through the (eventful) years! 😁 It's fun to think that Nightwish have moved closer to you in a way with Floor joining the band, I know she's not from Amsterdam but now the Netherlands have also become a special place for NW and NW fans. Did you attend one of the Ziggo Dome shows? You guys were treated to a very unique performance! 🔥

Thanks so much!! Indeed it was so special to see “our” Floor become a part of Nightwish (especially after following her around the country with After Forever for years)! I was there on Sunday and it was absolutely amazing, peak performance from Floor as always and having Henk join her on stage was the most amazing surprise 🙌🏼

• Metal 1

For sure, performing for her home crowd and being filmed must have given her extra energy! I can't imagine how exhausting it must be to perform at this level for two nights in a row, one needs to be in top physical and mental shape. 💪👀

With you being a fan of both Floor and Nightwish, it must have been a special moment back when it was made known that she would be joining the band!