Nightwish trivia part 1 by Ocean Soul

Ocean Soul

I got this idea of making some sort of Nightwish quiz/trivia about a year ago, when I wanted to remember some things better about Nightwish. Also it was fun way to spend some time with my friends, and today I'll share it with you guys! I'll post ten questions at a time, and tomorrow I'll post the answers. Next week I'll post next ten questions and so on, you get it right? 😄 So let's start! NO PEEKING! Oh and by the way, the one who gets most answers right, will won the rare copy of Angels Fall First, which was limited edition with 500 copies back in the day. Wait no, there's no way I'm giving my copy of that rarity away. PSYCH! 😂 So I'm sorry, this is just for fun, I have no rewards to give.

1. Name three undercover names for Nightwish. (Meaning which names they had when they played those traditional gigs in small venues to practise the setlist live) (1)

2. Who's Nevski Nevanovits? (2)

3. What is Tarja's whole name? (3)

4. What was Nightwish's first single? (I know, easy-peasy) (4)

5. Nightwish tried out at the Eurovision Song Contest in Finland in 2000, but what was the song? (5)

6. When is Tuomas's birthday? (6)

7. Name three songs covered by Nightwish. (7)

8. Which album cost 500 000€ to make? (8)

9. Who has been the artist behind Nightwish's albums' cover art since 2005? (9)

10. Who sang man's vocals in Angels Fall First's remake? (10)

You can post your answers below 👇 Please, let me know what you guys think about this! If you like, I'll continue doing this trivia - thingy 🙂 I have over 200 questions yet to come if you are interested!

• Like 2

Great stuff! 👍 I'll give it a shot without Googling anything, because of course many of these things can be looked up.

I suggest that we use the spoiler tags (the eye button 👁️) to post our answers.

Spoiler

1. Rubber Band Of Wolves, Sushi Patrol, Wishmasters (we have a thread somewhere about these pseudonyms!)

2. Surname of one of the band members... (Kai I think?) of the latest cover band Nevski and The Prospects, that never actually performed because of the pandemic.

3. Tarja Turunen Cabuli

4. The Carpenter

5. Sleepwalker

6. Christmas Baby born on December 25th (don't ask me the year though!)

7. High Hopes, Wild Child, Walking In The Air

8. No idea... Once?

9. Toxic Angel

10. By remake, you mean the general release of Angels Fall First, as opposed to the limited edition that you own? (lucky bastard!) It was Tuomas singing.

Looking forward to more questions! 🤘

9 hours ago, Ocean Soul said:

Hey Fugazi! That was pretty good! I'll give you 7,5/10!

Yeah I am a lucky little bastard 😈😄 I work at the local record store part time so I got my little hands on it before anyone else could. 🤘

Good, looking forward to find out where I went wrong. I'm not peeking! By the way, traffic on the forum is slow and people wander in and out according to their schedule so don't worry if there's not a huge turnout, more will eventually join in. I think the quiz is a great idea, especially as this month the band turns 25... Not sure if they will do anything about it, but it's a good moment to look back at their eventful history! 😉

Are we talking about the AFF release with Tuomas' home address printed on the sleeve? 😁

Nightwish trivia part 1 answers

Spoiler

Yeah I agree and it's totally fine by me that this isn't immediatly huge success. 😊 About AFF, there's at least two different versions which includes Tuomas' old home address on the sleeve 🤔 

The right answers are here:

1. There's a bunch of them. For example Wishmasters, End Of Innocence, Rubberband Of Wolves, Nevski & The Prospects, Natuvissyset, Sushi Patrol...

2. Konsta Putinov, the drummer of mysterious cover band Nevski & The Prospects from Russia (in my case, this is Kai from Nightwish. 😄)

3. Tarja Soile Susanna Turunen Cabuli

4. The Carpenter

5. Sleepwalker

6. 25.12.1976

7. Over The Hills And Far Away, Crazy Train, High Hopes, Walking In The Air, Phantom Of The Opera, Where Were You Last Night, Heart Asks Pleasure First, Symphony Of Destruction, Wild Child... 

8. Dark Passion Play

9. Janne Pitkänen alias Toxic Angel

10. Tuomas has sang in all versions of Angels Fall First. Question was a bit odd and poorly worded, sorry. I'll be more specific and clear next time! 

Edited by Ocean Soul
  • Thanks 1

Ugh, there's no spoiler button on mobile... will have to do something about it! Just wanted to say that I didn't know about #3, and I would never have guessed #8. And I'm curious about how many more would make the #7 list... Setlist.fm is not very accurate for early shows because contributors tend to fill the gaps with expected setlists from the same tour, but lots of info hasn't been verified.

2 hours ago, Fugazi said:

Ugh, there's no spoiler button on mobile... will have to do something about it! Just wanted to say that I didn't know about #3, and I would never have guessed #8. And I'm curious about how many more would make the #7 list... Setlist.fm is not very accurate for early shows because contributors tend to fill the gaps with expected setlists from the same tour, but lots of info hasn't been verified.

Yeah I should warn you, there will be questions ahead, that might be a little bit easier for Finnish speaking people than others. But if you guys want, I can sort those questions out! Finnish names can be quite tricky. 

And I have more list questions coming up! 😎

• Like 1