Nightwish trivia part 8 by Ocean Soul

Ocean Soul

1. From which the liquid was made, where Tuomas was bathing in in the music video Noise? 

2. Mention 3 Nightwish's documentary films. 

3. In how many different languages Floor has sung? 

4. How Marco got the idea to his beard style? 

5. How many people there were on Nightwish's first show? 

6. Which was Tuomas' first band, that got a recording deal?

7. Which band connected Tuomas and Sami?

8. What the Finnish music magazine Soundi wrote about Nightwish's first single on their review? 

9. Who two sing 'three hands and six penises, I'm a mutant' in Finnish on the End Of Innocence documentary film? 

10. What is a Night Owl broadcast?

And there you go, once again! Remember Fugazi's participation prizes, there is some cool stuff up for your grabs! 😉

Edited by Ocean Soul
  • Metal 1

Thanks for the new quiz, I'm just going over it because this week was crazy at work. Anyway, I'm having a shot at it right now!

Spoiler

1. I know I read/heard it somewhere, but I can't remember for the life of me! I'm guessing corn syrup + black ink or something similar?

2. "Deleted Scenes", "Back In The Day is Now" and "Please Learn the Setlist in 48 hours"

3. Oh man it's a difficult one! Do you mean with Nightwish, or in general? Assuming the latter, she must have sung in at least 6 languages -- English, Dutch, German (Vilja Lied), Spanish (Que Se Siente), Finnish (at Rakasta Jolua), Italian (the Bambino opera thing)... Latin? (Shoemaker)... Anything else? Did she ever sing in French?

4. Friends were laughing at his beard turning white, so he decided to cut out the white bits, and it turned into a bifid beard!

5. About 400.

6. Was it Darkwoods My Betrothed or Natvindens Grat or something else? I'll go for Darkwoods My Betrothed.

7. Natvindens Grat

8. It was paraphrased by the band as "shitty band, shitty equipment, no commercial potential" but the actual review was not quite as bad!

9. I don't remember, probably Ewo?

10. Band members wreaking havoc late at night on the tour bus when nearly everyone is sleeping, and filming that stuff with a night-sight camera. The basis for the "Deleted Scenes" documentary on "From Wishes To Eternity".

Great stuff again, some of these are really difficult and I'll probably learn new stuff! 😁

5 hours ago, Fugazi said:

Thanks for the new quiz, I'm just going over it because this week was crazy at work. Anyway, I'm having a shot at it right now!

Hide contents

1. I know I read/heard it somewhere, but I can't remember for the life of me! I'm guessing corn syrup + black ink or something similar?

2. "Deleted Scenes", "Back In The Day is Now" and "Please Learn the Setlist in 48 hours"

3. Oh man it's a difficult one! Do you mean with Nightwish, or in general? Assuming the latter, she must have sung in at least 6 languages -- English, Dutch, German (Vilja Lied), Spanish (Que Se Siente), Finnish (at Rakasta Jolua), Italian (the Bambino opera thing)... Latin? (Shoemaker)... Anything else? Did she ever sing in French?

4. Friends were laughing at his beard turning white, so he decided to cut out the white bits, and it turned into a bifid beard!

5. About 400.

6. Was it Darkwoods My Betrothed or Natvindens Grat or something else? I'll go for Darkwoods My Betrothed.

7. Natvindens Grat

8. It was paraphrased by the band as "shitty band, shitty equipment, no commercial potential" but the actual review was not quite as bad!

9. I don't remember, probably Ewo?

10. Band members wreaking havoc late at night on the tour bus when nearly everyone is sleeping, and filming that stuff with a night-sight camera. The basis for the "Deleted Scenes" documentary on "From Wishes To Eternity".

Great stuff again, some of these are really difficult and I'll probably learn new stuff! 😁

Gongrats Fugazi, you crushed it!! I'll give you 7/10! It wasn't so hard after all, huh? 😉

Here comes the right answers! 

Spoiler

1. It was made of rapeseed oil and black pasta (!! I've been wondering how come pasta...??!!)

2. A Day Before Tomorrow, Please Learn The Setlist in 48 Hours, Back In The Day... Is Now, Deleted Scenes

3. In eight different languages. (Floor has told this herself in some Q&A thing, and I'm pretty sure that those languages are Finnish, Swedish, English, Dutch, Latin, Italian, Spanish and German!)

4. His bandmates mocked him about gray spots in his beard, so he shaved those spots off. 

5. About 400. 

6. Darkwoods My Bethrothed

7. Nattvindens Gråt

8. 'Shitty band, shitty equipment, no commercial potential.' This cracks me up every time, because now they are Finland's most succesful band ever. 

9. Alexi Laiho and Marco (may Alexi rest in peace 1979-2020🖤)

10. While others are sleeping, two people are doing pranks to sleeping people and record it on nightshot. 

I hope you had fun and maybe learnt something new! I'll post a new quiz on next Friday, see ya then. 😉

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Ocean Soul said:

Here comes the right answers! 

Hide contents

1. It was made of rapeseed oil and black pasta (!! I've been wondering how come pasta...??!!)

Right, you could see some stringy stuff within the goo. Rapeseed oil, great moisturizer!

3. In eight different languages. (Floor has told this herself in some Q&A thing, and I'm pretty sure that those languages are Finnish, Swedish, English, Dutch, Latin, Italian, Spanish and German!)

Swedish... Yeah, that makes sense, though I can't remember any song she sang in Swedish. Perhaps she sang Happy Birthday to her daughter. 😁

I hope you had fun and maybe learnt something new! I'll post a new quiz on next Friday, see ya then. 😉

Great stuff again! Hope other members will give it a shot, there's no shame in failure lol! 😆