Special Edition Holidays Quiz

Fugazi

Special Edition Holidays Quiz

Here it is, and not the easiest one! 😈

1. Name one of the songs which were ever performed live only once by Nightwish.

2. What is the name of Tarja Turunen's first solo album?

3. Nightwish' first show was in 1997. How many shows did they play that year?

4. Name one of the countries where Nightwish ever played only once.

5. What is the name of the song sang by Felicia Sorenson and played from tape as an outro exceptionally during the August 2003 concert in Sweden?

6. Which is the shortest Nightwish song? (only among the songs released on albums, and not counting individual sections of multi-part songs like The Greatest Show On Earth)

7. Name a Nightwish song that Floor Jansen sang solo but never with the band?

8. What is the name of Marko's brother and co-founder of Tarot?

9. What is the name of the famous Dutch theme park roller-coaster ride for which Floor Jansen was asked to sing on the soundtrack? (the deal eventually fell through)

10. Name one of the few B-side songs ever played live by Nightwish.

Β 

Good luck! Answers coming up in a few days! πŸ˜€

• Fire 1

I'll give it a go!! I'm gonna f*ck this up and lose my Quizmaster title...Β πŸ˜†

Spoiler

1. I have no clue. Maybe some song from AFF...? I'll guess Tutankhamen...?Β 

2. Minun Jouluni...? I'm not quite sure but it was a christmas album!Β 

3. One! It was their very first show 31.12.1997 and it was a New Year's disco type of thing.Β 

4. This kind of questions are pain in my ass. I'll guess Egypt and gonna flush myself down the toilet.Β πŸ˜‚

5. Sheesh her name rings some very distant bell for me! This is a total shot in the dark but Beauty Of The Beast...?Β 

6. Taikatalvi comes first into my mind...Β 

7. Whaaaaaaaaaaat has she done that... I have no idea.Β 

8. Sakari "Zacharias" Hietala! I was actually thinking about asking this same question in my quiz 😁

9. Ok I'm calling this off, I have no clue once again.Β πŸ˜…

10. While Your Lips Are Still Red!!! I'd love to hear White Night Fantasy and The Escapist live some day...Β 

Gotta say, you butchered me with this one. It was really hard and I'm crying myself to sleep because I knew only three for sure...Β πŸ˜‚

What the heck, I scored almost half of the points!Β πŸ˜„Β Yeah, let's post answers tomorrow. I'm dying to hear yours! This was so much fun. I actually finished today my quiz in whole. After 5.2. I'll take a break to create new questions but I don't know when I'll start to post again.Β 

• Fire 1

All right here come the answers! Let me know if I missed something!

Spoiler

1. Sleepwalker (July 18 2000 during the Eurovision Song Contest), Meadows Of Heaven (Helsinki September 19, 2009). Crownless was apparently performed twice, so it doesn't count! The songs from AFF were apparently played during the whole AFF tour, although there's very little evidence to prove that.

2. HenkΓ€ys Ikuisuudesta (officially translated as: Breath From Heaven)

3. Only one show (Dec 31, 1997)

4. Israel, Lithuania, Panama. I don't think they've ever played in Egypt?

5. "Once" from the soundtrack of "Brotherhood Of The Wolf". Felicia Sorenson is from Sweden but otherwise I don't know the connection or reason for them to play the song during that very show.

6. Taikatalvi (at roughly 2:35), then Arabesque and Moonwalker. Another possible answer would be Aurorae (2:07) but it's part of All The Works Of Nature...

7. Our Decades In The Sun. Also Phantom Of The Opera which is not technically a Nightwish song but one could argue that she covered the "rock" version.

8. Sakari Hietala

9. Efteling's "The Flying Dutchman". It was back in the After Forever period.

10. While Your Lips Are Still Red, Escapist, also Sleepwalker (although not technically a B-side I think)

Thanks for playing! πŸ˜„