Nightwish New Years' Eve's quizzy!

Ocean Soul

Here we go once again, this will be the last ride of the year! 

1. When is Marco's anniversary? 

2. Mention Jukka Koskinen's three former bands. 

3. At what age Emppu got interested in playing guitar? 

4. What is Anette's whole name? 

5. What is Kai's hometown? 

6. When did Anette found out that she'll be the next vocalist for Nightwish? (month and a year) 

7. When Nightwish let the audience know who is their new vocalist on their website? 

8. When is Jukka Koskinen's anniversary? 

9. When was Oceanborn released in Finland? 

10. When Floor did her first solo show? 

There you guys have it. Gotta say, it's been an amazing year to hang out with other Nightwishers and making this quiz. It's a shame that some of us live so far away, it would be so nice to hang out in real life and have a drink or two and talk about Nightwish and music in general. 😄 I hope that this quiz has given you joy and 'what the hell, is that really so??' moments 😁 There will be 5 more quizzes and 50 new questions, then I'll decide if I continue this after a break (gotta make new questions). Happy New Year's from me, your Quizmaster and stay safe folks. 🎆

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for your hard work for the past 6 months, the quizzes were thoroughly enjoyed (by me at least!) 😁 You're going into the new year soonish, so have a Happy New Year and may 2022 bring you happiness and hopefully a return to a more predictable life! 🙂 I'm going to look at the quiz later today as time allows! 👍

• Metal 1

It's been officially 2022 almost for an hour in Finland! I hope you're having a safe blast where ever and how ever you are celebrating New Year's, in my case, I was at the gym and after that watching Netflix for whole evening. But it was actually quite nice, I didn't have to worry about getting omicron. 😄

• Metal 2

Ok! It seems that you're doing ok despite the situation? We had before Christmas a long while when all the gyms, swimming halls, bars etc were opened normally (or almost), but now many gyms etc are closed and the bars have to close at 5p.m. if I'm not horribly wrong... But yeah, whatcha gonna do. We all just have to sit tight and binge watch series or movies or do what ever. I'm pretty damn lucky that I'm able to go to the gym every day and I'm pretty damn grateful. 

• Metal 1

Well it's a pain in the Perse for sure (see I'm using my new vocabulary lol!) but other generations have made bigger sacrifices for us to enjoy the general quality of life we have today. I guess that I'm fortunate enough that I can cope with some restrictions and many people don't have the same resources to deal with this stressful period, so I feel for them. And I'm especially sorry for artists and the whole business that struggle with the restrictions but I don't see many alternatives. We'll be there when this is over to support them, and still are while this is going on. Where is the Nightwish Patreon and where are the remasters and the streaming concerts? Help us help you guys!

• Metal 1

I almost forgot this is a quiz thread! 😁

Spoiler

1. It's in January, it's close to the date he resigned from the band. January 15?

2. Damn! Other than Wintersun, I don't know!

3. Let's say 15.

4. Other than Anette Olsson, I don't know? 🤔

5. No idea. Helsinki?

6. I think it was around December 2006.

7. May 2007.

8. I don't know, I think it's around June.

9. Well it's early December (1998), that's when I switched the forum skins. 😁

10. Shortly before the pandemic started, so January 2000?

Argh this was super hard, I'm bad with remembering dates and especially birthdays!

Funny thing, the answers to many of these questions can be found somewhere on the forum, but I just can't remember every little thing that I've posted! 😄

• Metal 1

Here cometh the answers: 

Spoiler

1. 14.1.1966

2. Wintersun, Norther, Cain's Offering, Amberian Dawn

3. At the age of 10

4. Anette Ingegerd Blyckert (nee Olsson) 

5. Vaasa

6. In January 2007

7. 24.5.2007

8. 16.7.1981

9. December 1998

10. July 2021

Hope you had fun! This quiz was extra hard. Next quiz on next Friday! 

• Metal 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Ocean Soul said:

Yeah this was hard! I give you 2,83/10. I took some of the questions from somewhere here 😈

Well I expected as much! 😀 That goes to prove that one doesn't need to be a Nightwish expert to play, we're all doomed to failure from the start! 😉 🤣

• Metal 1

6 hours ago, Fugazi said:

Oh wait, I think I deserve one more point! 😈

Hide contents

10. I definitely think Floor did a number of solo shows earlier than July 2021, as listed here. 😉

You were absolutely correct! My the most humblest apologies, I'll correct that right away. So your points will be 3,83 points! Yay! 😊

• Metal 1
  • Haha 1