Fugazi

Rate "Endless Forms Most Beautiful"  

4 members have voted

1. 1. How would you rate this album?

• 10 (The Greatest Album On Earth)
    • 1 (Shudder Before Running Away)

Endless Forms Most Beautiful (2015)

Endless_Forms_Most_Beautiful.jpg.fcfed3ea687f216a67e0fb852d2bacca.jpg

Track list (with relevant threads when available)

1. Shudder Before The Beautiful (lyrics)
  2. Weak Fantasy (lyrics)
  3. Élan (lyrics)  🎞️ (official video)
  4. Yours Is An Empty Hope (lyrics)
  5. Our Decades In the Sun (lyrics)
  6. My Walden (lyrics)
  7. Endless Forms Most Beautiful (lyrics)  🎞️ (official lyrical video)
  8. Edema Ruh (lyrics)
  9. Alpenglow (lyrics)
  10. The Eyes Of Sharbat Gula
  11. The Greatest Show On Earth (lyrics)
    1. Four Point Six
    2. Life
    3. The Toolmaker
    4. The Understanding
    5. Sea-Worn Driftwood

Related track:

1. Sagan (lyrics) (released only as a B-side to the Élan single)

Tour Edition (late 2015 release with extra live DVD):

1. Yours Is An Empty Hope (live at Masters of Rock Festival, Vizovice Czech Republic July 12 2015)
  2. Stargazers (live at Baltic Princess Cruise June 8-9 2015)
  3. Planet Hell 🎞️ (special documentary live clip) (Note 1)
  4. Last Of The Wilds 🎞️ (special documentary live clip) (Note 2)
  5. Storytime 🎞️ (special documentary live clip) (Note 3)
  6. Arabesque 🎞️ (special documentary live clip) (Note 4)
  7. Last Ride Of The Day 🎞️ (special documentary live clip) (Note 5)
  8. Making of Endless Forms Most Beautiful documentary
  9. Élan  🎞️ (official video)
  10. Endless Forms Most Beautiful  🎞️ (official lyrical video)
  11. Photo gallery

Notes:

1. Planet Hell special clip: touring footage from the "Please Learn The Setlist in 48 Hours" documentary (released in 2013 on Showtime, Storytime DVD) combined with live footage from Floor's first show (Showbox SODO Seattle USA Oct 1st 2012) and audio track from an unidentified later performance on the Imaginaerum tour.
  2. Last Of The Wilds special clip: live footage from various locations during the Imaginaerum tour (2012-13) combined with audio track from an unidentified performance on the Imaginaerum tour.
  3. Storytime special clip: touring footage from the "Please Learn The Setlist in 48 Hours" documentary (released in 2013 on Showtime, Storytime DVD) combined with live footage of Floor Jansen from various locations during the Imaginaerum tour (2012-13) and audio track from an unidentified performance on the Imaginaerum tour.
  4. Arabesque special clip: live footage of Polte's artistic performance filmed November 10 2012 at Hartwall Arena Helsinki.
  5. Last Ride Of The Day special clip: live footage from an unidentified performance on the Imaginaerum tour.

From the band:

Marko about some tracks :

(from https://www.loudersound.com/features/the-10-best-nightwish-songs-marco-hietala-once-dark-passion-play-imaginaerum-endless-forms-most-beautiful)

WEAK FANTASY (Endless Forms Most Beautiful, 2015)
“This is a combination of an interesting metal song with a few interesting parts that dabble in Celtic folk with the acoustic guitars. This band and everybody in it is pretty open to using things that will fit the song; if it fits then we do it. I actually wrote the acoustic guitar part in the middle of this song, and I think it provides a nice dynamic difference to the middle of the song. It’s also got a nice rhythmic structure that we haven’t really done that much before, and it’s another good one to do live.”

THE GREATEST SHOW ON EARTH (Endless Forms Most Beautiful, 2015)
“I’m going to finish with The Greatest Show on Earth because of all the variety and ambition that we managed to put into this song. This band is pretty ambitious with the music that it makes, and at this stage this song is probably the culmination of everything that we’ve done together. But it won’t be the last.”

Promotion

On October 30th [2015], Nuclear Blast released the special tour edition of Endless Forms Most Beautiful in Europe. The set comes with a bonus DVD containing all 21 making-of episodes, which came along before, during and after the album release. Besides those, the DVD includes two new, unreleased live clips for “Yours Is An Empty Hope” and “Stargazers” as well as five special clips incl. documentary scenes for the songs “Planet Hell”, “Last Of The Wilds”, “Storytime”, “Arabesque” and “Last Ride Of The Day”. On top, there will be a huge photo gallery with more than 400 pictures, taken on the road and during the promotional period of Endless Forms Most Beautiful.

• 9 months later...

I have updated this page to include the Tour Edition of the album, released in late 2015. Now I have a few questions, does anyone know during which Imaginaerum show(s) the audio tracks of the Planet Hell, Last Of The Wilds, Storytime and Last Ride Of The Day special clips were recorded? The album liner is of no help. Last Ride of The Day might be easier to figure out, as the images seem to match the audio and appear to be recorded at the same gig.

• 3 months later...

This was the first album by Nightwish that I felt rather excited waiting for, having had almost sleepless nights for the long wait until it's release. I was still in that phase of being obsessively huge into the band and the thought of them releasing an album brought me joy inside. By the time it came out, I already had a digital version of the album from iTunes - but a few days later, bought a physical CD version of the album which I later got signed by the band the next year.

I ended up replaying "Elan" so many times that I don't remember how many it was. 😆 My parents thought I was going to go crazy from talking about it a lot. Hell, I even counted down the days and hours until the day it was released.

• Fire 2
  • Haha 1

I didn't live that buildup to the EMFB release because I (re-)discovered the band shortly after the release. But boy it's still an album that has a special place in my heart because it's the first I bought and the only one I really listened to for a long while -- that and Showtime Storytime of course! 😁 And of course I was very partial to Floor as a singer and for a long while it was the only original material with her, so all the more reason to love it.

Although I really appreciate all of the tracks, my guilty pleasures are some of the more conventional feel-good songs like "Alpenglow" and "Edema Ruh", I love them to pieces. There goes my metal cred, if I had any.

• Metal 1