I'm one with the waves

Hi there fellow Nightwishers! I'm Sanna, 27 years old Finn.

It was summer 2001 when I first heard Nightwish's cover of Over The Hills And Far Away. A 7-year-old little me wondered 'what is this opera-rock', as I called it back then. I didn't know what band it was, and it really bothered me. 

Some time later my four years older friend played Over The Hills And Far Away by Nightwish to me. I instantly asked which band it was since the music was so awesome. Soon we listened through all their albums together. I managed to get the first four albums, and didn't listen much other music than Nightwish back then. It was the same time when I noticed Jukka Nevalainen's playing looked really awesome, so I started playing drums.

Nightwish was my introduction to metal music and to dozens of other great bands. I even started to learn (a little bit of) Dutch, because I would love to be able to speak with Floor in her native language some day when I'll meet her. 

Now, 20 years later I'm still hard core Nightwish fan. I would like to travel some day around Europe or maybe even around the World to see Nightwish live. If you would like to see Nightwish in Finland, and got no company, please hit me up. NOW. It would be awesome to find new people from here to go see Nightwish with. 

Edited by Ocean Soul
  • Like 2

Hey Sanna, welcome and thanks for the nice introduction!

Funny that you would mention "Over The Hills And Far Away", as that EP just celebrated 20 years a few days ago (released on June 25, 2001)! Usually we have forum skins rotating for the various albums but I sort of skipped OTHAFA as it's not a full album and the cover was not very inspiring, but I digress.

It looks like you might be lucky enough to have live NW shows in Finland this year, if the Covid situation remains under control. I'd love to see them in Finland one day, as the energy will be different on their home turf... but it won't be this year as it doesn't seem safe and practical to travel long distance yet. Do you have a ticket for any of their upcoming shows?

• Like 1

Haha yeah that's very true!! After I heard all the studio albums, I found them even better than OTHAFA cover. I was totally hooked and looped Wishmaster and Century Child after that. And other really funny coincidence is that this site was set up on my birthday a year ago. I took that as a sign that I should definitely join you guys! 😁 

I have tickets to their upcoming shows in Kuopiorock festival, Kaisaniemi and Tampere. Fingers crossed that those concerts are held. After this freaking pandemic is over, let's all go to Kitee and visit Nightwish museum! 🤩

Off the topic, I have created this little Nightwish trivia/quiz, would it be ok/would you guys like if i posted a few (or more) of those questions somewhere here? 😀

P.S. Sorry for my slightly rusty English grammar, I haven't been using English like this in a while. 😅

4 hours ago, Ocean Soul said:

Haha yeah that's very true!! After I heard all the studio albums, I found them even better than OTHAFA cover. I was totally hooked and looped Wishmaster and Century Child after that. And other really funny coincidence is that this site was set up on my birthday a year ago. I took that as a sign that I should definitely join you guys! 😁

It was also launched on my birthday. 😁

I have tickets to their upcoming shows in Kuopiorock festival, Kaisaniemi and Tampere. Fingers crossed that those concerts are held. After this freaking pandemic is over, let's all go to Kitee and visit Nightwish museum! 🤩

Finland is definitely on my list of trips once the dust settles on the pandemic.

Off the topic, I have created this little Nightwish trivia/quiz, would it be ok/would you guys like if i posted a few (or more) of those questions somewhere here? 😀

Sure thing, maybe you can start a topic in "General Chat". 👍 Do you need to use polls? Normally these should be available to all members.

10 hours ago, Ocean Soul said:

Sounds good 😅

🤘

On 6/28/2021 at 3:52 PM, Fugazi said:

It was also launched on my birthday. 😁

Finland is definitely on my list of trips once the dust settles on the pandemic.

Sure thing, maybe you can start a topic in "General Chat". 👍 Do you need to use polls? Normally these should be available to all members.

Ok this is getting a bit weird but in a really funny way since we share the same birthday and all that other stuff I mentioned before! 😁 

What kind of poll are we talking about? 🤔 I'm still getting used to this, I've never been a member of a fan forum before so everything is new to me. 😀