Anette Olzon

Fugazi

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The Charismatic Voice has a podcast with Anette and Russell Allen (of Allen/Olzon).

The take-home message from this interview is that Anette and Russell have never met and never even spoke to each other before this interview. 🤔 They made two joint albums without ever communicating directly, which goes to show that technology is a double-edged sword.

• 11 months later...
  • 4 months later...

I had to check setlist.fm to see that Anette did tour since leaving Nightwish, with her solo material in 2014-15 and with The Dark Element in 2018, mostly in Europe and Japan. I agree that chances of her singing in North America again are slim.

• 4 weeks later...

ANETTE OLZON To Release Rapture Album In May; "Heed The Call" Lyric Video Streaming

Braveworlds, February 22, 2024

https://bravewords.com/news/anette-olzon-to-release-rapture-album-in-may-heed-the-call-lyric-video-streaming

Anette Olzon, the former powerhouse vocalist of Nightwish and one-half of the dynamic duo behind The Dark Element alongside Jani Liimatainen, is back with her third solo album, Rapture, out May 10

The first single and accompanying lyric video, "Heed The Call", is out today, offering a tantalizing taste of what's to come from this highly anticipated release. Watch the video below, and pre-order the album here.

With a sense of excitement and anticipation, Anette Olzon shares: "I'm so happy to release the first song from my upcoming album Rapture. 'Heed The Call' is a culmination of passion, energy, and creative expression, and I truly hope you'll enjoy it as much as I've enjoyed bringing it to life."

Set to captivate audiences worldwide, Rapture promises to deliver an electrifying blend of heavy melodies and soaring vocals that solidify Anette Olzon's esteemed status as one of the premier female voices in the metal genre.

Following in the footsteps of her critically acclaimed second solo album, Strong, Anette Olzon once again teams up with acclaimed Swedish guitarist and producer Magnus Karlsson to craft a musical experience that pushes boundaries and excites the senses. Together, they have curated a collection of songs that showcase Anette's unparalleled vocal range, complemented by Karlsson's masterful riffs and the addition of growls by Johan Husgafvel, adding a dynamic layer to the album's sound.

Rapture seamlessly navigates through various musical genres, from symphonic to melodic power metal, with hints of melo-death, while maintaining an irresistibly catchy and melodious essence. Anette Olzon's performance on this album is her most versatile yet, proving her ability to evolve and innovate while staying true to her signature style.

Renowned mixer Jacob Hansen, known for his work with Pretty Maids, Volbeat, and The Dark Element, returns to the fold to ensure that Rapture achieves the perfect balance between heaviness and hookiness, resulting in an album that is both impactful and memorable.

Rapture is set to unleash its sonic fury upon the world, cementing Anette Olzon's status as a force to be reckoned with in the metal music scene. Prepare to be swept away by the sheer power and beauty of Anette Olzon's Rapture.

anettecd224.jpeg

Tracklisting:

"Heed The Call"
"Rapture"
"Day Of Wrath"
"Requiem"
"Arise"
"Take A Stand"
"Cast Evil Out"
"Greedy World"
"Hear My Song"
"Head Up High"
"We Search For Peace"

"Heed The Call" lyric video:

Band lineup:

Anette Olzon - Vocals
Magnus Karlsson - Guitar Bass Keyboards
Anders Köllerfors - Drums
Johan Husgafvel - Growl

---

I've listened to 'Heed The Call', it's rather catchy. Judging from the lyrics and the track titles, this will be a heavily religion-inspired album?

• 4 weeks later...

Anette has released a second single, 'Day Of Wrath'.

“I am so happy to release my second single from the upcoming album Rapture. – reveals Anette. “My new song Day of wrath is the story from the humans perspective who now has awaken and understands the disaster we have done to the world but begs for forgiveness. Despite all the signs we’ve seen, no significant changes have been done to stop it and now the apocalypse is closing in on us”.

Personally I like the first single better, this one is not as catchy as 'Heed The Call' and I don't think the growls work that well.

While after hearing the first single I thought the religious theme was tongue-in-cheek, with this second single it looks to me that Anette has gone full Christian metal. There's no real second degree in the lyrics, it's a plain 'repent or be doomed' message and I don't remember religion was very present in Anette's previous work. 👀

• 4 weeks later...