Floor Jansen

A new interview from Dutch media. Of note, Floor's next single is about to be released on September 9th. 👀

Floor Jansen sings the national anthem: 'Enjoy everything!'

https://www.rodi.nl/haarlem/grand-prix-zandvoort/308415/floor-jansen-zingt-volkslied-geniet-van-alles-

Tue Aug 30

Just before the start of the Dutch Grand Prix Zandvoort, the internationally acclaimed singer Floor Jansen provides a special interpretation of the Wilhelmus for the many fans. The popular singer is musically accompanied by the Royal Air Force Orchestra. Reason enough to put Floor to the test.

Can you tell us what it was like to be asked to sing the National Anthem during the Dutch GP in Zandvoort?
I can't really describe it. My management was called by the organization and then you hear that you can sing the Wilhelmus during one of the largest events in the Netherlands. What a great honor to do this. However, it only became apparent to me a few days later, when I started to delve further into Formula 1 and the previous edition, how massive and successful it is, in the Netherlands but also worldwide.

Do you have a thing for the National Anthem?
I don't think I am more or less fond of the National Anthem than any other Dutch person. You grow up with it and see it as something that brings our people together in many beautiful moments. Now to put my own spin on it is a fantastic opportunity and I hope I can convey the energy and emotion of Formula 1 in my edition.

You sing it accompanied by a large orchestra, have you performed this way before?
Yes, of course! A few years ago I sang a Final Fantasy Soundtrack, “Sound of the Wind” with the Metropole Orkest. And earlier this year I sang my own single “Storm” with the same orchestra that will play the Wilhelmus in Formula 1, the Royal Air Force Orchestra. This was during the TV show “Ode to our Veterans” for Veterans Day 2022.

You've said before that you don't follow F1 closely, do you now?
Due to my busy schedule I am unable to keep up with everything. However, I have mainly become interested in the drivers. How they train, work and do everything they can to be the best. That, together with the well-oiled machines of the teams, is extremely fascinating to keep an eye on.

You don't live in the Netherlands, are you going to the Netherlands for 1 day for this event or are you staying for a while?
I've been in the Netherlands for a few days already working on my first solo album which will be released in March 2023 and it's also nice to spend time with my family. September 9th my 3rd single will be released.

The Dutch only really got to know you musically after 2019, the broadcast with Henk Poort. Since then it has gained momentum, do you notice that much?
Yes and no. Because I've been a singer for twenty years and tour all over the world with Nightwish, which is one of the biggest metal bands in the world, I'm pretty used to attention. However, I didn't necessarily get this attention in the Netherlands until Best Singers. I like that I can now share my music with even more people and feel the support of the Dutch.

Would you like to say something to the F1 fans?
Enjoy the show! In the end, it's not about me, it's about the race. I hope it will be very exciting. And for those who also like to listen to me: My first album will be released in 2023 and April 2023 I can be found on many stages in the Netherlands.

Who do you think will win the race?
Max Verstappen. Would be a lot of fun!
  • Thanks 1

On 9/2/2022 at 4:40 AM, Fugazi said:

A new interview from Dutch media. Of note, Floor's next single is about to be released on September 9th. 👀

Floor Jansen sings the national anthem: 'Enjoy everything!'

https://www.rodi.nl/haarlem/grand-prix-zandvoort/308415/floor-jansen-zingt-volkslied-geniet-van-alles-

Tue Aug 30

Just before the start of the Dutch Grand Prix Zandvoort, the internationally acclaimed singer Floor Jansen provides a special interpretation of the Wilhelmus for the many fans. The popular singer is musically accompanied by the Royal Air Force Orchestra. Reason enough to put Floor to the test.

Can you tell us what it was like to be asked to sing the National Anthem during the Dutch GP in Zandvoort?
I can't really describe it. My management was called by the organization and then you hear that you can sing the Wilhelmus during one of the largest events in the Netherlands. What a great honor to do this. However, it only became apparent to me a few days later, when I started to delve further into Formula 1 and the previous edition, how massive and successful it is, in the Netherlands but also worldwide.

Do you have a thing for the National Anthem?
I don't think I am more or less fond of the National Anthem than any other Dutch person. You grow up with it and see it as something that brings our people together in many beautiful moments. Now to put my own spin on it is a fantastic opportunity and I hope I can convey the energy and emotion of Formula 1 in my edition.

You sing it accompanied by a large orchestra, have you performed this way before?
Yes, of course! A few years ago I sang a Final Fantasy Soundtrack, “Sound of the Wind” with the Metropole Orkest. And earlier this year I sang my own single “Storm” with the same orchestra that will play the Wilhelmus in Formula 1, the Royal Air Force Orchestra. This was during the TV show “Ode to our Veterans” for Veterans Day 2022.

You've said before that you don't follow F1 closely, do you now?
Due to my busy schedule I am unable to keep up with everything. However, I have mainly become interested in the drivers. How they train, work and do everything they can to be the best. That, together with the well-oiled machines of the teams, is extremely fascinating to keep an eye on.

You don't live in the Netherlands, are you going to the Netherlands for 1 day for this event or are you staying for a while?
I've been in the Netherlands for a few days already working on my first solo album which will be released in March 2023 and it's also nice to spend time with my family. September 9th my 3rd single will be released.

The Dutch only really got to know you musically after 2019, the broadcast with Henk Poort. Since then it has gained momentum, do you notice that much?
Yes and no. Because I've been a singer for twenty years and tour all over the world with Nightwish, which is one of the biggest metal bands in the world, I'm pretty used to attention. However, I didn't necessarily get this attention in the Netherlands until Best Singers. I like that I can now share my music with even more people and feel the support of the Dutch.

Would you like to say something to the F1 fans?
Enjoy the show! In the end, it's not about me, it's about the race. I hope it will be very exciting. And for those who also like to listen to me: My first album will be released in 2023 and April 2023 I can be found on many stages in the Netherlands.

Who do you think will win the race?
Max Verstappen. Would be a lot of fun!

Dutch media explodes for the upcoming Dutch Anthem Floor is gonna sing at the F1 race at Zandvoort:

Some links below:

Get ready for the National Anthem by Floor Jansen - YouTube

Jan-Willem Start Op! 2-9-2022 Floor Jansen - YouTube

Floor Jansen sings Dutch GP national anthem: "It's going to be very exciting". - YouTube

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, mabla said:

New single Me Without You sung by Floor at Hertme before the official release date. 

Floor Jansen Me Without You (New Single) live 03.09.2022 Hertme - YouTube

Nice, looking forward to the single release!

17 hours ago, mabla said:

Dutch media explodes for the upcoming Dutch Anthem Floor is gonna sing at the F1 race at Zandvoort:

Wow, it's almost bigger than the race itself! 😁

Also, here's a recent update regarding the full AFAS show release we're still waiting for.

Audio Issues & Next Steps

Hi everyone! 

Due to Floor's busy schedule, we're giving all of you an update.
You must all wonder where the last songs remain and the full show (stream & download).

When we received and started preparing for the full show release, we realized that the audio quality of the video file was unacceptable. It was 128 kbps. This is YouTube quality and not even close to lossless. And we felt it to be unfair to release the full show on YouTube before we could deliver it to you in high quality, the quality we promised.

To fix this, we need a new render of the show with the right audio quality to ensure that we deliver on the promises we've made. 

So, the status right now is that we're waiting for new renders with the correct audio quality so that we can move forward. 

Hope to give an update soon!

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/floor-jansen-digital-live-release/x/16094815#/updates/all

• 2 weeks later...

Nightwish might play to sold-out venues, but Floor too: yesterday she revealed on FB that most tickets from her 2023 Netherlands tour were sold:

April 11 - Amsterdam - Paradiso (83% tickets sold)
April 12 - Tilburg - Poppodium 013 (65%)
April 13 - Utrecht - TivoliVredenburg  (76%)
April 16 - Den Haag - Paard  (95%)
April 17 - Groningen - Oosterpoort  (sold out)
  • Metal 1

What was Floor doing in 2012 before joining Nightwish? Her last show before flying to Salt Lake City was with MaYaN (also in the USA), but as she was recovering from her burnout she also sang with other bands including Adrenaline Mob. Adrenaline Mob is an American heavy metal band formed by Russell Allen (of Symphony X and Allen/Olzon fame, but he also sang Sweet Curse with Floor in ReVamp) and Mike Portnoy (Dream Theater). So Floor sang twice with Adrenaline Mob that summer, performing Come Undone (a Duran Duran cover) in Bochum Germany and at Bospop in the Netherlands.

Bochum 2012-07-07: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LiENIUuVovM

Bospop 2012-07-08: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=peLlsaala_E and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vtX_0R-8VzA

• Metal 1

Update on the AFAS show release:

Full Concert Release Date!

Hi everyone!

Writing you from backstage at the Dutch late night tv-show Humberto. We have finally received the uncompressed audio files combined with the video edit!

You might have noticed my team has started uploading videos again. At this point, there's only The Phantom of the Opera left. After that, we'll premiere the full show on YouTube where all of you can join and enjoy the watch party. For now, this is planned for Saturday October 15, but might be subject to change.

Have a wonderful evening everyone and I hope you're all just as excited as me to finally see the final product in its entirety. Again, thank you all so much for your patience and the support!

de groeten, vänliga hälsningar, lämpimin terveisin and all the best,
Floor

• Like 1

Floor on Dutch TV again tonight... sporting a new haircut!

Also, she mentioned that the band on stage with her tonight will be the band she will tour with next year -- so no more Marcel Fisser band? I couldn't tell who any of the musicians are. There was no backing vocalist either.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Fugazi said:

Floor on Dutch TV again tonight... sporting a new haircut!

Also, she mentioned that the band on stage with her tonight will be the band she will tour with next year -- so no more Marcel Fisser band? I couldn't tell who any of the musicians are. There was no backing vocalist either.

RTL XL - Humberto Op Zondag • Floor Jansen over nieuwste single: Me Without You

RTL XL - Humberto Op Zondag • Floor Jansen - Me Without You

Hopefully these links are working for everybody.

Edited by mabla
  • Thanks 1

Floor addresses serious fan concerns about her new haircut 😁

https://www.facebook.com/floorjansen.singer/posts/pfbid036PhB8L3KHDRhgk1goKagkySpnTjevkEtp5Vsezxk7Vk53BaKXM35xF8xU95dodk7l

I love my shorter hair! Even though I’d rather have it long and healthy. But my hair grew thin, became brittle and wasn’t healthy anymore. I started using extensions that made it look beautiful again. I am grateful for the possibility of that, but like my natural me the most. So, if that means shorter hair to make it healthy and natural again, so it is.

I am excited to ‘test drive’ my shorter hair for some windmilling on stage with Nightwish next week in Brasil!!! It’s still called headbanging haha, not hairbanging

I know some of you are concerned that I cannot or won't headbang anymore, and that the choice for shorter hair has somehow something to do with my solo career or a move away from metal. Rest assured, it is nothing more than a search for a natural healthy head of hair from a 40+ mom who is as in love with metal and music as ever, but also…. just human.

• Haha 1

I'm just re-posting here the complete list of videos from the September 3, 2021 Amsterdam show.

Also the short documentary:

If a link to a complete performance appears I will make sure to add it here.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Scary news from Floor. 😔 Wishing her the speediest recovery and no further bad news down the road.

---

A letter to you,

Life comes in waves, with ups and downs.

I have had the joy of riding many highs, and I have shared these with you through social media and the many many shows worldwide throughout the many years of my career.

But now a new wave hit me. Not a good one. I have breast cancer. It was diagnosed a little over 2 weeks ago and I will have surgery tomorrow to remove the tumor. My prognosis is very good!!! It seems to be a non-aggressive cancer, which seems to not have spread. I will keep my breast. And I will be cancer free after this surgery, plus a local radiation treatment that will take place three months after this surgery, hopefully. We will know more after the surgery to see if this positive prognosis stands.

The word cancer is a shocker. All that you found important in life before this diagnosis changes radically within minutes. Now I just want to be healthy again. I want to see my daughter grow into a woman; I want to live! And the scariest part of this diagnosis is that I thought I was healthy! I didn’t feel the cancer, I didn’t know it was there until I, as a 40+ woman, went to a standard mammogram checkup. Something many countries offer, for free even for the lucky ones.

Had I not gone there, the tumor would have gone undetected. In a year from now this could have grown much bigger. The thought of that makes me share this story with you. A mammogram is lifesaving! It’s uncomfortable and you might think that you won’t have something in your breasts anyway but GO! And for the men reading this: remind your wife, girlfriend, mother, sister to go and get checked. Even without the luxury I as a western woman experience with free mammogram checkups: GO!

If I might inspire you to take good care of yourself, then something good will come out of this cancer diagnosis.

If all goes as planned, I will be up and running in time for the European tour with Nightwish, that will start on the 20th of November! And I am optimistic since my prognosis is good! I promise to take good care of myself.

I will be off the grid for a while to focus on myself.

Thank you for reading this letter.

https://www.facebook.com/floorjansen.singer/posts/pfbid0QCBMr9NgcrX4BS6BFxfnsjWDjorrUR3fKhTAgY2Ap3vyxwZkTmUAADMGPFJcoHyul

• Sad 1

A few updates:

The tumor removal surgery went well without any surprises. I’m recovering well and should be up and about soon. It will take a few weeks to know what the findings are regarding the tumor and lymph node that will be tested. I’ll keep you posted.

I want to use this opportunity to thank the medical staff that took care of me. All done with so much care, empathy, and professionalism! I felt completely safe in your capable hands! You all are troopers, and not just in the hospital I went to, but worldwide. Thank you!!

And:

To support Floor in her fight against breast cancer, we release her full concert of Live In Amsterdam. One of the moments she felt your support the most, through the crowdfunding campaign and the live show itself. For more information regarding breast cancer go to this link: https://www.nationalbreastcancer.org

The livestream will start at 7 PM CET on October 29, 2022. On behalf of Floor and her entire team we want to thank you for making this possible and giving Floor the opportunity to share this with the world. 

Watch on YouTube

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

You probably noticed Floor's latest health update on her social media, news are good and spirits are high! 🤘

"Great news! I am cancer free 🤩 The surgery took everything cancerous out and it hasn’t spread! I’ll get local radiation therapy in February to make sure everything stays out. 

I’m getting my energy back after the surgery and feel a huge relief to know it was successful! I’m not back to a 100% but I have no doubt the shows will give me the power push I need to rock with all of you on the upcoming European tour 🤘🏻

Thank you for your amazing support and well wishes 🙏🏻🙏🏻"

• Like 1

I don't understand a word of it, but there's a Floor feature on Swedish TV:

https://www.svtplay.se/video/Kqybzv4/sverige/floor-jansen-bor-langt-fran-skrikande-fans

It's another visit at Floor's place, feeding horses, walking dogs, unwrapping a Human Nature sales award (Platinum something, not sure what country?), probably some discussion about ying-yang wolf-dog things, but what caught my attention is the quality of the photography.

• Like 1