Endless Forms Most Beautiful turns 8! ×

Kai Hahto

• 8 months later...
On 11/17/2021 at 9:23 PM, Spartanguy83 said:

Thank you for this!!!!!

You're welcome! While we're at it, there's a fantastic series of drumcam videos of Kai during EMFB-era Nightwish shows... Worth a look for the weird perspective and to get a better feel of the exhausting solitary work of a metal drummer during a live show.

Espoo Finland 2015-11-13

Himos Finland 2016-08-20

Edit: While Jukka played drums on Last Ride Of The Day during the Himos concerts, that recording was never released for reasons mentioned here.

Jukka's performance was also caught on camera but I doubt it will be ever released. For many reason but one big reason being he is playing with Kai's kit which is different brand than Jukka has as an endorsement. Kai is a Pearl artist while Jukka uses Tama drums.

12 hours ago, Fugazi said:

You're welcome! While we're at it, there's a fantastic series of drumcam videos of Kai during EMFB-era Nightwish shows... Worth a look for the weird perspective and to get a better feel of the exhausting solitary work of a metal drummer during a live show.

Espoo Finland 2015-11-13

Himos Finland 2016-08-20

Thanks again! I could watch these all day.

• 1 year later...
  • 10 months later...

Kai will do a solo show in Helsinki next year, around the time I presume the next NW album will be released.

ALONE - An evening with Kai Hahto

"Witness his mesmerizing drumming skills at Apollo in Helsinki on Feb 3, 2024. "Alone" brings you unique renditions from Nightwish, Wintersun, Swallow the Sun, and more. How? All by himself, Alone! Don't miss out!"

Kai is excited about the new project: "Alone is a tribute to my drum journey. Since the 90's I have toured and recorded with different bands, for example Cartilage, Wings, Misantropia, Rotten Sound, Vomiturition, Enochian Crescent, Aggressor, Max on the Rox, Swallow the Sun, Wintersun, Trees of Eternity, Auri and of course the last 9 years with Nightwish so now it's time to stop for a moment and look at everything that has been done in the last 30 years. Thousands of gigs and around 40 studio albums later, it's time to celebrate this journey, the music and my own 50th anniversary."

https://allthingslive.fi/event/alone-an-evening-with-kai-hahto

• 3 months later...

According to setlist.fm, in his solo show Kai played Music, Pan and Nemo from Nightwish, plus songs from Wintersun, Swallow The Sun, Auri and others.

I hope that the official recordings from the show become available in one form or another.

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...