Within Temptation

Fugazi

WT are also doing a "virtual" streaming show, on the 8-9-10-11th of July. I'm almost tempted to buy a ticket to see how the experience compares to The Islanders Arms.

https://www.within-temptation.com/

Music combined with bleeding-edge technology: a show that is out of this world!
We are thrilled to invite you to 'The Aftermath – A Show In A Virtual Reality'. A show that takes place in different scenes of a post-apocalyptic world, in which we are witness of the aftermath of destruction of mankind. A world in which it is unknown if anyone or anything of the human race survived. It is a search for answers about both its becoming as well as its legacy. 

The Aftermath is an online show, fueled by bleeding-edge technology that enables us to do a performance that’s out of this world – literally! During this digital show we play a variety of newer and older songs in four different worlds. Expect guest singers from all over the world to join us on stage for striking duets in even more striking settings!
Note: both shows will be similar, but will start at different times to accommodate fans from across the world!

• 4 weeks later...

The virtual Within Temptation show has been postponed by 1 week (to July 15-16). Looks like it's all about smoothing out some technical glitches.

There's also a new preview video, it looks very video-gamey but the guest singers part is intriguing.

Edit: it would seem like Tarja might be one of the guest singers.

• 2 weeks later...

Well I saw the virtual show, I liked the performance but didn't dig the special effects so much. It was nice seeing Tarja sing but throughout the show the emphasis was on the sprawling visuals and as you can see in the Shed My Skin video most of the time the performers were tiny blobs on the screen.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

‘The Aftermath' is back! Watch our online show between December 24 - December 31, 2021.

Get your ticket for only €4,99/$5,50 during our Black Friday Special, starting THIS Friday. Already got a ticket? Then you can watch it for free.

If I understand correctly, original virtual show ticket owners can watch it again for free during the Holidays. 👍

• 1 month later...

I just finished watching The Aftermath and I liked it! I would have loved to see Tarja singing and having a great time with the band instead of standing some sort of virtual platform far away from others. 😔 But yeah, 'The Purge' gave me goosebumbs as always. Now I have to see them live someday! 

• Metal 1

I rewatched the show over the holidays and I enjoyed it more than the first time, I think I was put off by the distracting visual effects the first time around. But I enjoyed the music and the effort involved. Let's see how many bands go back to create a second virtual show?

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I was able to go to the Within Temptation concert in March 2019 when they came to the Rebel. In Flames was the co-headliner while Smash into Pieces was the opening act. I was right at the front of the stage for the show and it was amazing overall.

What really made my night was the VIP session that I was luckily able to grab a ticket for as it was limited to 10 people only, though they did allow a family to attend the VIP Meet and Greet. I got to say hello to Sharon den Adel, had a picture with her - and even got to give her a hug. 😄 I got my stuff signed and had a picture with the band before they left to get ready for the show. I did get to see a soundcheck where they performed "Mercy Mirror", though it wouldn't get played during the show.

It was a great week considering that I saw Disturbed a second time two days before.

• Fire 1

Sounds like a great night! 🤘 Sharon seems to be a very nice, grounded person. I've never seen WT live yet. Well, not live-live. I wonder if M&G will still be a thing in the post-Covid world, but I guess it can be done if less hugging is involved. 😁

• 2 months later...

Note to self: tickets available June 17th. 👀

wt2022.thumb.jpg.4cf89ac4416019069af8d0929a53ee0f.jpg

wtofficial

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cev50JdvWUm/?igshid=MDJmNzVkMjY%3D

️ Hey Canada & USA! We will play three exclusive headline shows in October!

October 4, 2022 - Skyway Theater, Minneapolis (MN)
October 8, 2022 - The Agora Theater, Cleveland (OH)
October 13, 2022 - M-Telus, Montreal (QC)

Tickets go on sale this Friday, June 17, 10:00AM .

• 1 month later...

A new video from Within Temptation, and a re-release of their previous albums:

https://www.within-temptation.com/collections/new/products/2022-expanded-wt-edition-bundle

The WT 2022 special editions on CD:
- The first 250 numbered copies of the WT 2022 expanded edition CDs are exclusively sold at our brand new WT Music Store.
- Every album is wrapped in a high-quality, luxury slipcase with new artwork.
- The track lists are enriched with exclusive bonus tracks.

• Metal 1

4 hours ago, Moondance said:

The sound is very good on the new song, it definitely gives THOE and Resist vibes to it.

I'll have to order my copies of the new editions as I do need to get a better version of "World of Make Believe" for my collection, and I do not have that in the CD I got.

I have jumped on this opportunity to better get to know WT, it's not a group I follow closely but I like what I've heard from them and I enjoyed their virtual live performance. The new edition CDs are available separately as well.

• 4 months later...

I've been hearing from an FB group for Within Temptation that one of the two shows (possibly both) in Amsterdam were filmed with cameras present. I'm thinking, there's gonna be a Worlds Collide live DVD and album in the future. 👁️‍🗨️

If a live DVD / CD is announced, I wonder how it will go. Will Disc 1 be Within Temptation's set and Disc 2; Evanescence's set?

Edited by Moondance
  • Metal 1

1 hour ago, Moondance said:

I've been hearing from an FB group for Within Temptation that one of the two shows (possibly both) in Amsterdam were filmed with cameras present. I'm thinking, there's gonna be a Worlds Collide live DVD and album in the future. 👁️‍🗨️

If a live DVD / CD is announced, I wonder how it will go. Will Disc 1 be Within Temptation's set and Disc 2; Evanescence's set?

That would be different, off the top of my head I can't remember of a live album featuring two bands? 🤔

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

A quick recap of the musical milestones of Within Temptation:

https://www.loudersound.com/features/the-songs-that-define-within-temptation

A new album, Bleed Out, is scheduled for released in less than one month. Many of the singles already released during the pandemic will be included on this 8th album (Entertain You, The Purge, Shed My Skin, Don't Pray For Me) except for 'The Fire Within'.

An interesting read about Within Temptation's new album, using AI, and more.

https://www.metaltalk.net/sharon-den-adel-reveals-all-about-new-album-bleed-out-and-going-independent.php

I didn't know this album is going to be an independent release. It's available for pre-order on their website (https://www.within-temptation.com/).

There's also a new single available, Ritual. I find it lighter, poppier than other recent singles.

This is the 7th (!) single from the upcoming album, therefore only 4 tracks remain unheard. I hope this strategy doesn't hurt their album sales too much.

• 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

"Within Temptation are this year's Dutch ambassador for Record Store Day. And for this occasion, the exclusive 12-inch EP 'The Artone Sessions' will be made available for free for the first 6000 Record Store Day customers in The Netherlands on April 20, 2024.

'The Artone Sessions' contains of four acoustic tracks that were recorded in the presence of over fifty RSD stores from across The Netherlands on January 29, 2024. This unique performance took place at Artone Studio in Haarlem, located inside of one of the largest vinyl pressing plants in Europe - Record Industry, and have been recorded direct to disc. Please see the live-registration of 'Ritual' - live at Artone Studios in Haarlem.

Record Store Day is celebrated on Saturday, April 20, and takes place in 116 independent record stores in the Netherlands."

Ritual (acoustic) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dul6cSpcHos

We Go To War (acoustic) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a2JOoRb1IvM