Nightwish album #10 pre-release discussion

Fugazi

I know this album is only planned for a 2024 release, but there are actually signs of things moving forward. 🤩

Producer Tero "TeeCee" Kinnunen has posted a picture of Tuomas recording demo tracks. These demo recordings will eventually be sent to the rest of the band for them to get a feel of the new songs before they actually get together and start rehearsing and record the final tracks.

teeceermb

2 March 2022

Demo session for NW 10th has begun! 🤘🏻#nightwish #demosession #10th

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cami_wDAFGn/

20220302.jpg.fd49765c0da4ada24005e8cde495a71f.jpg

• Metal 2

Indeed, I don't see them recording the album in 2022 with all the touring already scheduled. And between recording and release it's at least 6+ months of mixing, mastering, printing and hyping. EFMB and Human Nature were both recorded in the summer and released the next spring, more or less.

• Metal 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

https://blabbermouth.net/news/nightwish-to-begin-recording-next-album-in-summer-of-2023

So Tuomas Holopainen talked a little bit about the process behind the next album. He confirmed that music and lyrics were worked on in down time, while the pandemic was going on - and confirmed that in the summer next year, the band will be going to record the album. Hopefully it is the same camp again.

• Thanks 1

Interesting! Some other snippets from the original article:

https://www.rocksverige.se/intervju-tuomas-holopainen-fran-nightwish/

When you get older, do you think you´ll ever sit down and write a book?

Tuomas: Never say never, but I really don´t think so. There´s already two books written about us and I have a personal feeling that people already know much more than I would like to. I mean, my all time biggest musical hero, Vangelis, died a few weeks ago (May 17) and I know absolutely nothing about him. Nobody knows about his personal life and I just love that feeling and that aura of mystery. I wish we had the same, but that´s impossible to bring back.

[...] You have stuff like the last David Bowie album that no one knew about and I think Beyonce did a surprise release of an album. Would that be possible for Nightwish, to do a thing like that? Secretly record something and just release it out of the blue?

Tuomas: I can definitely see that happen. Not the next one since I just told you. (laughs)

Would the label be ok with a thing like that or would that be a problem?

Tuomas: It depends on the label. We don´t have a label at the moment, so let´s see where we are then.

😮 So wait... Nightwish aren't signed with Nuclear Blast any longer?

10 hours ago, Fugazi said:

Would the label be ok with a thing like that or would that be a problem?

Tuomas: It depends on the label. We don´t have a label at the moment, so let´s see where we are then.

😮 So wait... Nightwish aren't signed with Nuclear Blast any longer?

Maybe they'll sign with Napalm Records, or go independent like Evanescence did?

1 hour ago, Moondance said:

Maybe they'll sign with Napalm Records, or go independent like Evanescence did?

Either that, or sign with Atomic Fire which was formed by the people of Nuclear Blast after they sold NB to some bigger label a couple of years ago. Some of the Nuclear Blast bands have switched to Atomic Fire since.

That might explain why the virtual show DVD was released last year this year by an independent label instead of NB.

• Metal 1

2 hours ago, Fugazi said:

Either that, or sign with Atomic Fire which was formed by the people of Nuclear Blast after they sold NB to some bigger label a couple of years ago. Some of the Nuclear Blast bands have switched to Atomic Fire since.

I guess we'll find out soon enough in the upcoming year. Either way, looking forward to hearing more about the new album as the progress goes.

• Metal 1

20 hours ago, Moondance said:

I guess we'll find out soon enough in the upcoming year. Either way, looking forward to hearing more about the new album as the progress goes.

Yes, I'm just happy they are forging ahead and there are no further delays. 🤘

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Some new things regarding the tenth album according to Blabbermouth:

• The tenth album is the third part of a trilogy that started with Endless Forms Most Beautiful and will be a follow-up to Human. :II: Nature..
  • The album is expected to be released around early 2024.

https://blabbermouth.net/news/nightwishs-next-album-will-be-third-part-of-a-trilogy

• Thanks 2

Good stuff. I think the trilogy idea might have been mentioned before, but perhaps not as clearly as here. The idea of trilogy suggests that the following album will be something really different, which has me intrigued, or just that it hasn't been planned yet and it might turn out to be a tetralogy after all! 😁

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 12/10/2022 at 2:46 PM, mabla said:

Pip is born 7 October 1947. He is 75 now .... 🤔

Yeah I thought he was going to retire after EMFB, but he did the arrangements for Human Nature as well... I don't know if he's still active but there's no evidence to the contrary on the net. 🤔