Jukka Koskinen

As of today, Jukka Koskinen has become an official member and the permanent bassist of Nightwish. He is known for being in Wintersun, alongside Kai Hahto notably. We should expect that he will be play a huge role in the upcoming new Nightwish album's recording next year.

Other than that, a huge welcome to Jukka Koskinen to the Nightwish family! I met him back in May this year, and I had a great feeling about him being in the band.

https://chaoszine.net/nightwish-announces-jukka-koskinen-as-bands-new-permanent-bassist/

Edited by Moondance
  • Metal 1
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Moondance said:

As of today, Jukka Koskinen has become an official member and the permanent bassist of Nightwish. He is known for being in Wintersun, alongside Kai Hahto notably. We should expect that he will be play a huge role in the upcoming new Nightwish album's recording next year.

Other than that, a huge welcome to Jukka Koskinen to the Nightwish family! I met him back in May this year, and I had a great feeling about him being in the band.

https://chaoszine.net/nightwish-announces-jukka-koskinen-as-bands-new-permanent-bassist/

Jukka Koskinen joins Nightwish as official member

+ the official NW statement

• Thanks 1

Thanks! I guess by now it was probably a matter of 'when' but I'm glad that Jukka and the band think that they fit well together. 🤘

Now I'm probably reading too much into things, but is there any sort of relation between Marko's latest interview, which was his first in-depth interview in a year, and this announcement? Like in, 'this guy is not interested or ready to return to Nightwish, maybe we should move on and make Jukka's position official?' 

• Confused 1

• 1 year later...

With no NW live shows in the predictable future, it's no surprise that Jukka is getting involved in other bands.

NIGHTWISH, CHILDREN OF BODOM And WINTERSUN Members Join Forces In CROWNSHIFT

December 5, 2023

https://blabbermouth.net/news/nightwish-children-of-bodom-and-wintersun-members-join-forces-in-crownshift

Nuclear Blast Records has announced the signing of the new Finnish metal band CROWNSHIFT.

Born as the longtime idea of four friends, CROWNSHIFT's members come from the ranks of Finland's finest exports such as NIGHTWISH, CHILDREN OF BODOM, WINTERSUN and FINNTROLL, are thrilled to start a new journey together and spread their authentic sonic print across the globe.

Seamlessly covering a diversity of styles, the quartet has a unique signature to their modern sound. Hypnotizing melodies paired with ripping riffs, from moody mid-tempo songs to fierce prog-death-metal opuses, CROWNSHIFT was born to be master of all trades.

Their forthcoming debut album will undoubtedly be a showcase of relentless ambition that will take you through a wide musical spectrum, with no compromises or boundaries, proving that the band are on a quest to put a striking mark on the map.

CROWNSHIFT's first single and music video will be released on January 17.

CROWNSHIFT commented: "We're super happy to start this new chapter in our career with Nuclear Blast. Their history, reputation and devotion as a metal label is incomparable and it is a privilege to embark on this exciting journey together."

Nuclear Blast Records added: "It's a pleasure to start working with this highly talented group of musicians.

"We wouldn't call it an all-star band but it's a five-star result of their collective experience from various bands. And sometimes it takes a while until the right musicians are coming together and find the perfect chemistry. Jukka, Heikki and Daniel already played together in the last NORTHER lineup until 2012. Since then, they went different ways but always crossed each other's paths, and finally came back together as CROWNSHIFT with the addition of the amazing vocal talent of Tommy Tuovinen from MYGRAIN.

"Their music is, of course, rooted in the very unique style of Finnish melodic death metal, but CROWNSHIFT enrich it with their admiration for Devin Townsend, both his raging STRAPPING YOUNG LAD era, as well as the epic prog side, and combine it with a timeless yet modern heaviness similar to the most impressive aspects of metalcore and bands such as KILLSWITCH ENGAGE. Sounds ambitious? Yes, but that's what it' s all about: being ambitious. Welcome CROWNSHIFT!"

CROWNSHIFT recently joined the roster of Till Dawn They Count Ltd management (NIGHTWISH, BEAST IN BLACK, SONATA ARCTICA).

CROWNSHIFT is:

Tommy Tuovinen: Vocals
Daniel Freyberg: Guitar, Backing Vocals
Jukka Koskinen: Bass
Heikki Saari: Drums

• 1 month later...

Jukka's new band is about to release their first single on January 17. Here's Jukka teasing one of the songs:

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/66SFbB7s254

Also some news on the Wintersun front:

“The day finally came: TIME II is done!! Couldn’t be happier!” - Jukka

"I thought this day would never arrive and when Jari sent me a message that TIME II was ready I still couldn’t understand that we were finally done after all the obstacles and challenges. I am more than happy now. Cheers!" - Kai

https://www.facebook.com/wintersun/posts/pfbid02vjvdprbGfDbGfLTxEMgQYhSi2NMoe4LDqyQVjPQx8wMVTxGG25zR9YEv79gd8eV8l

• Metal 1

On 1/13/2024 at 11:00 PM, Fugazi said:

Jukka's new band is about to release their first single on January 17.

Here's the music video for that new single "If You Dare", which will be featured on their upcoming debut studio album, set to be released around this first half of the year.

On 1/13/2024 at 11:00 PM, Fugazi said:

Also some news on the Wintersun front:

“The day finally came: TIME II is done!! Couldn’t be happier!” - Jukka

"I thought this day would never arrive and when Jari sent me a message that TIME II was ready I still couldn’t understand that we were finally done after all the obstacles and challenges. I am more than happy now. Cheers!" - Kai

https://www.facebook.com/wintersun/posts/pfbid02vjvdprbGfDbGfLTxEMgQYhSi2NMoe4LDqyQVjPQx8wMVTxGG25zR9YEv79gd8eV8l

I guess that Time II stress ball I bought back at their show in 2018 really paid off. 😂 They will also be starting a crowdfunding for the album this March, so with that, I'm assuming Time II will be released (at last) around summer or fall of this year.

• 2 months later...