Favourite YouTube reactors

On 1/13/2022 at 4:13 AM, Fugazi said:

Love it! It's interesting to actually see Floor's pitch and the discussion about auto-tuning and pitch correction is fascinating. Looking forward to more of this!

Thanks @Spartanguy83, Nice one, skipped it initially but due to your recommendation watched it completely in one straight track 🤘  Didn't understand the theories but it was great to see him confirming what I'm hearing; Floor is the best 😁

Edited by mabla
adding @ the right way
  • Metal 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Fugazi said:

Here's another reactor that just discovered Nightwish. Former American rock radio DJ, so that adds an interesting angle to his story.

The Wyldeside with Eric Clark

GLS: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rmi1NAW-yP8

High Hopes: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3d1wF_ECKvQ

@Fugazi it works 🤗 and thanks for this recommendation, great reaction to GLS. Watched also this one in one breath 🤘 

• Metal 2

On 1/13/2022 at 9:43 PM, Fugazi said:

Here's another reactor that just discovered Nightwish. Former American rock radio DJ, so that adds an interesting angle to his story.

Yeah, I enjoyed this guy. Good stuff.

This guy was a riot. Not a care in the world. Strongest mustache game ever. 

• Metal 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 1/13/2022 at 9:43 PM, Fugazi said:

His Shoemaker reaction was a complete mess, if I'm being honest. I really do not get the "baked" gimmick that some reactors feel the need to announce. And I am pro-weed. He had way too many interruptions that were not necessary.  Interesting that he hasn't posted any reactions since. 

Edited by Spartanguy83
Left out sentence.

On 3/18/2022 at 6:55 PM, Spartanguy83 said:

His Shoemaker reaction was a complete mess, if I'm being honest. I really do not get the "baked" gimmick that some reactors feel the need to announce. And I am pro-weed. He had way too many interruptions that were not necessary.  Interesting that he hasn't posted any reactions since. 

He's back now, but I agree the latest have been underwhelming. Maybe it's me getting tired of his style, I guess it ain't easy being a reactor and keeping things fresh. 🤔

• Metal 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I wonder, is YouTube keeping tabs?

Edit: Oh there's more on Facebook:

"Among the most popular videos on YouTube are the so-called reaction videos, where YouTubers around the world describe their own reactions when watching TV series, movie trailers or music videos and live recordings of different artists and bands. The videos show a wide range of genuine and spontaneous emotions from the reactors which makes the reaction videos popular.

Almost all of the music-themed reaction channels have at least one Nightwish-themed video. Nightwish is one of the most watched bands, according to the numbers, which makes us one of the bands with the most reaction videos in the world on YouTube. The other bands that share the top spot with Nightwish include South Korean k-pop band BTS and Japanese metal band BABYMETAL.

"Ghost Love Score" has the most reaction videos, with 1,400 different reaction videos and over 18 million views. And next week we are standing on the stage again in Finland!"

• Metal 1
  • Haha 1

Internet being what it is, that innocent-looking comment has turned ugly on YouTube.

Some reactors have taken issue with Nightwish "bragging" about their popularity on the reactor scene whilst not helping reactors monetize their work by surrendering the songs copyright.

I'm not sure what to think of this storm in a teacup, including insinuations that Nightwish are using Reacticide Discord moderators to spy on and influence reactors. 🤨

Of course bands/labels are free to give up their copyrights to reactors, and of course the reactor scene has probably helped extend the band's reach all over the world in the last few years and especially during the pandemic, but then nobody is forced to create content about a band if they can't profit from it.

Is Nightwish using reactors (and social media in general) to their best effect as a modern-day advertising powerhouse? Most likely not, IMO their marketing team has stopped keeping up with the times in the mid-2000s or so. 😁

Still, this guy and others are offended that NW are promoting their success attracting reactors while not encouraging them by surrendering copyrights. This success despite the impossibility to monetize reactions is quite telling, because reactors obviously still profit from their NW content by filling up on subscribers before moving on to other bands.

Not only that, but this criticism comes from people who obviously find alternate ways to monetize their reactions, including those to Nightwish, by other means. Piece of evidence number 1:

Nightwish just claimed they're one of the most reacted to bands on YouTube, and while that's true, I've got an issue with it...

----------

Merchandise: https://tankthetechmerch.com

Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/tankthetech

Donate on PayPal: https://paypal.me/tankthetech

----------

Wanna rock the same jewelry that you see in my videos? GTHIC Jewelry is the only brand that I wear on a regular basis, and they have designs and styles for just about everyone's tastes! Check out the link below, and don't forget to add the discount code "Tank20" at checkout for 20% off of your entire order! https://gthic.com?aff=291

🤔

(As always, feel free to disagree! There is probably an argument to be made for the reactors point of view but I just don't see it now.)

• Sad 1

On 4/19/2022 at 8:49 PM, Fugazi said:

Internet being what it is, that innocent-looking comment has turned ugly on YouTube.

Some reactors have taken issue with Nightwish "bragging" about their popularity on the reactor scene whilst not helping reactors monetize their work by surrendering the songs copyright.

I'm not sure what to think of this storm in a teacup, including insinuations that Nightwish are using Reacticide Discord moderators to spy on and influence reactors. 🤨

Of course bands/labels are free to give up their copyrights to reactors, and of course the reactor scene has probably helped extend the band's reach all over the world in the last few years and especially during the pandemic, but then nobody is forced to create content about a band if they can't profit from it.

Is Nightwish using reactors (and social media in general) to their best effect as a modern-day advertising powerhouse? Most likely not, IMO their marketing team has stopped keeping up with the times in the mid-2000s or so. 😁

Still, this guy and others are offended that NW are promoting their success attracting reactors while not encouraging them by surrendering copyrights. This success despite the impossibility to monetize reactions is quite telling, because reactors obviously still profit from their NW content by filling up on subscribers before moving on to other bands.

Not only that, but this criticism comes from people who obviously find alternate ways to monetize their reactions, including those to Nightwish, by other means. Piece of evidence number 1:

🤔

(As always, feel free to disagree! There is probably an argument to be made for the reactors point of view but I just don't see it now.)

I totally agree with you on this. He made some cryptic posts a couple days or so ago on YT about record labels working with reactors. Actually thanking those companies that do. Makes sense now. 

Edited by Spartanguy83
Time frame
  • Metal 1

51 minutes ago, Spartanguy83 said:

I totally agree with you on this. He made some cryptic posts a couple days or so ago on YT about record labels working with reactors. Actually thanking those companies that do. Makes sense now. 

Tank says that he is "...in no way trying to sit here and say we deserve money. These bands made this music, they have their rules set with their publisher. If they don't want us to use it, that's completely fine and acceptable. I accept it. I'm not arguing it. Totally cool."

What he pretends being not happy with is that NW is bragging about their success in the reactor world while not supporting the reactors behind the scenes (by forfeiting copyright)... Which is basically asking for money from the band in exchange for the right to brag about reaction videos. 🤔 I guess he does have an axe to grind with Nightwish since "other bands" release their copyright when he asks them to (and he does ask them to).

IMO if Nightwish were against reactors, they could have their content removed from YouTube since so many of them don't add significant value to the copyrighted content they use and repost. I guess that some bands just don't want to get involved with non-professional content creators/influencers/journalists/pretend vocal coaches.

I'm done ranting now, sorry! 🤭

• Metal 1

He's saying that Nightwish having now acknowledged that reactors are important to their success on YouTube, they should reward them for it. There's probably a perceived imbalance between what reactors bring to the bands and what they get in exchange. But in truth I'm not sure who is helping the other more. 🤨

And besides Tank is taking a revenge with his rant about Nightwish without actual Nightwish content that he is therefore free to monetize with the help of his Nightwish fanbase! Clever chap! 😄

• Metal 1

• 2 weeks later...