2021-23 Human :||: Nature World Tour Discussion

Fugazi

20 hours ago, Spartanguy83 said:

I wonder what the quick little discussion between Tuomos and Floor was about? Had a little surprised look on his face. Not in a bad way either. That note she held at the end was beautiful. 

I can't even hold my breath that long, let alone holding a note! 😁

In the short clip we can see Timo Isoaho sneaking behind the band to take the picture published on the band's FB page:

oslo.thumb.jpg.bb9fe681bafecb226ee40765fe434903.jpg

I cannot help but wonder if he's preparing a book about the Human Nature tour, similar to We Were Here ?

• Metal 1

Dates have now been set for the postponed Russian tour.

• Russia-Sankt-Petersburg-Yubileyny Sports Palace-November 9, 2022
  • Russia-Moscow-Crocus City Hall-Sun, November 10, 2022
  • Ukraine-Kiev-Stereoplaza-November 12, 2022
  • Belarus-Minsk-Falcon Club-November 13, 2022

Also, a new group picture:

tour2022.thumb.jpg.0116d0aa5d2a3a43b642ed6edd7c5d0d.jpg

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, Spartanguy83 said:

I've been wondering about what the concept or possible theme for the next album will be.  

Did Tuomas mention at some point that the next album will be more of the same nature-evolution themes, or am I making this up? I don't know where I got this idea of a sort of trilogy of albums.

• Metal 1

3 minutes ago, Fugazi said:

Did Tuomas mention at some point that the next album will be more of the same nature-evolution themes, or am I making this up? I don't know where I got this idea of a sort of trilogy of albums.

Ah you are probably right. That makes sense. 

Also wondering about the style of music? Edgier/harder, lighter, more symphonic? 

14 hours ago, Spartanguy83 said:

Ah you are probably right. That makes sense. 

Also wondering about the style of music? Edgier/harder, lighter, more symphonic? 

That's an interesting question! There's a bit of evolution with each album, lately towards a more folky and less metal sound, but where is it going? On Human Nature a lot of emphasis was given to harmonizing vocals of two or three singers, but with Marko gone Floor will have to carry most of the tunes again. Will Jukka bring a different bass dynamic on the new songs? Less or more orchestra?

The loss of Marko will have an impact not only on the vocal dynamics, but also on the songwriting. Marko helped with music writing for many songs, both on the heavy and mellow side of the spectrum. He came in with fresh ideas and I think that his contributions will be missed.

• Metal 1

• 3 weeks later...

As posted elsewhere, the last shows of the year in Finland will also be postponed by one month, in the hopes that shows will be allowed again by then. The 2021 World Tour will have amounted to 2 virtual shows and 4 live shows in all. 😟

https://www.hs.fi/kulttuuri/art-2000008494009.html

“Yes, we will be postponing these gigs for the rest of the year until the end of January. We already have spare days ready, unless the government and Avi come up with something nice again, ”says Pohjola. The gig of Nightwish's Helsinki Ice Rink will therefore run until January 29, and the gig in Tampere will take place on January 22.

Must I add that if they plan on playing Tampere on January 22, they have obviously given up on the China tour scheduled for January 18-23. 🤔

• Metal 1

• 3 weeks later...

As is becoming the norm, Chinese shows are cancelled at the last possible moment. Interestingly they are planning a more extensive Asian tour in 2023 including countries in which they had never played before as far as I know: Singapore, Indonesia and Taiwan. Edit: They actually did already play Singapore and Taiwan.

asia2023.thumb.jpg.60d3c04414459101135ec2e2c11aa4a9.jpg

• Metal 1

The Tampere and Helsinki shows have for the Nth time been moved, now scheduled in April just before the band travels to North America (hopefully). That gives us 3 long months to keep ourselves entertained the best we can! 😬 Hope Floor does something interesting, because the rest of the band are just missing in action.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I know it's still a long time away, but I wonder if the band will release a statement about their November 2022 shows in Russia, Belarus and Ukraine. If all sport federations have reacted to the Ukrainian war by cancelling or moving their 2022 events in protest, I don't see artists acting as if nothing is happening.

It's not an easy call, because you're punishing the fans for atrocities they're not directly responsible for, and after all bands are still touring China while human rights violations are ongoing... It also depends on whether the violence ends quickly and how the events unfold in the coming weeks and months.

Epica has Russian dates in June, Within Temptation plays Kiev in July...

• Like 1

On 2/27/2022 at 8:24 PM, Fugazi said:

I know it's still a long time away, but I wonder if the band will release a statement about their November 2022 shows in Russia, Belarus and Ukraine. If all sport federations have reacted to the Ukrainian war by cancelling or moving their 2022 events in protest, I don't see artists acting as if nothing is happening.

It's not an easy call, because you're punishing the fans for atrocities they're not directly responsible for, and after all bands are still touring China while human rights violations are ongoing... It also depends on whether the violence ends quickly and how the events unfold in the coming weeks and months.

Epica has Russian dates in June, Within Temptation plays Kiev in July...

Maybe a .00001% chance they play those shows. 

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah there's been no statement from NW yet but Kai did repost a Zelensky speech with a comment.

Russian media is never going to show this so let’s stop the bullshit what they are trying to feed to the people in Tv. This is a voice of sanity and peace. Not war!!!! We are with you Ukraine! ❤️

https://www.facebook.com/kai.hahto.96/posts/10223881478537488

• Metal 1

15 hours ago, Moondance said:

Looks like the show in Montreal is sold out with only a few tickets left for the show in New York City.

Good, let's make sure they don't forget us on the next tour! 🤘

Of course MTelus is not Wembley Arena, the venue has a capacity of 2300 according to their website. Maybe they can aim for bigger next time?

13 hours ago, Spartanguy83 said:

Thank you. Got rid of FB about 5 years ago. 

I wish I could, I'm fond of a couple of interest groups there. The NW groups though aren't what I was looking for.

• Metal 1